5 Pedals You'll Never Sell

Drew617

Tele-Holic
Sweet Honey; Mosky Mini Muff; Topanga. Others are fungible but not those.

I get the feeling SHOD people don’t get on with Tube Screamers and vice versa. True for me - I try and can’t make use of a lot of ODs.

19sixty3

Tele-Meister
I don't have a single pedal of those. Let alone 5. If someone asks me and the price is right…? All can go. As guitarists, we live in glorious, happy times. Today, there are at least 3 equivalent or better alternatives to every very great pedal. Pedals are pure tools for me. Necessary. But nothing I'm attached to. With a guitar? Well... that's a completely different story. I can easily name 5 that I wouldn't give away for the world.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
BYOC Leeds Superfuzz
BuGGFX Raincoat Fuzz
DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus
.PSHC Moon O))) Fuzz (Sunn Amp sim)
Ibanez BPL Bi-Stage Phaser

Last edited:

middy

Friend of Leo's
My UA pedals, the Golden and the Twilight
Boss SD-1 and CE-2w
Origin Effects Revival Drive Compact

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Jam Pedals Wahcko Wah.
A/DA Voltage Controlled Flanger.
Korg SDD-3000 Delay.
Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser.
Analogman Mini-Chorus with fixed deep setting and third knob for blend.

howardlo

Tele-Afflicted
That’s hard for me to answer. Been playing since 1957 and during that time have only owned two pedals (other than a looper). One was the original Gibson Maestro Fuzz Tone I bought in 1962-63 right after they first came out. That was actually the very first guitar pedal made.

The other is just a tuner pedal that I still have but rarely use. So that and the looper are the only two of the three that I own.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
I have a Robert Keeley modified Rat, from when he was just some dude modifying pedals. I have a Jaurnig DGTM overdrive that used to belong to Robber Ford. I don't know how valuable they are, but to me they're valuable to me. I have a Klon KTR from the first production run, but I'd prob sell it if the money was right. I have a Jetter 45/100 that turned me on to the whole Blues Breaker sound. It's switch is a bit faulty now and I have a replacement, but haven't sold the first one for sentimental reasons. I have a Spouse Black box that I don't think I'd ever sell. And probably my RC Booster like a few people have also said. I guess it's all overdrives for me!
Gots plenty of boost, drive, fuzz, distortion types & IMO those will be readily available. I won't sell my 2 Boss SG-1 Slow Gears, 2 Boss CE-2 Choruses (original MiJ not WAZA) & BOSS TW-1 T Wah.

20211024_134513.jpg
20210409_135604 (1).jpg
20210130_010849 (1).jpg

Octorfunk

Tele-Holic
I've kinda been on a pedal-buying freeze for a while, just because I don't realistically use anything besides a reverb & delay, but I could see myself selling either one of those; I'm not terribly attached to the particular models.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Boss Fender Deluxe Reverb pedal, for use as a backup in case my amp takes a dump on a gig. Other than that, the only effects I use are the onboard reverb and tremelo in my amps.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The first two pedals I bought, used in the early ‘80s. EHX Bad Stone and EHX Clone Theory. I’m too emotionally attached to them to ever… what? I did? When? Oh.

OK, of the pedals I bought with the money I got from selling those, I would sell any if I had to, but I’d prefer to keep my TC Spark, and my Cool Cat Tremolo. Not the end of the world if I sold them, as there are replacements, but I’d prefer to just keep them. They do exactly what I want.

The one I would really never sell is the Roland Funny Cat. I keep trying to find something that gives me the distortion tone I get from the Soft Distortion Sustainer side of that pedal, but no luck. I have to keep it, because that’s my favourite tone.

Jimmy Dean

Friend of Leo's
I have had my Strymon Flint the longest (5 or 6 years now) & would be the last to go.

I also love my Peterson Strobostomp tuner.

I have owned an Xotic SP comp 4 different times so I might as well keep my current one. Using it with my bass.

Wampler Tumnus. 3Rd time I've owned this one. My favorite OD.

Subdecay Super Spring Theory. Room setting adds to my bass sound. Best way to mix wet/dry signal for natural bass tones.

Keeley Compressor+ and Compressor Mini get an honorable mention from my guitars.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
—MXR Phase 90 (early block logo with the script logo circuit board inside)
—Dunlop JH-2S Jimi Hendrix System Classic Fuzz
—MXR Micro Amp (easy to find a replacement, but essential to my rig)
—Lone Wolf Blues Company Harp Break harmonica overdrive/distortion pedal
—Ibanez TS-9RI (again, easy to find a replacement, but essential to my rig)

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I've got a Marshall Bluesbreak from the first year they were introduced and a Boss OD-1 from the first year they came out. Both in excellent condition withe the original boxes. I've used the Boss regularly since I bought it. I retired the Marshall about five years ago, just couldn't find a setting I liked when I switched to teles full time. Sounded great with my strat though.

Other than those two, I'll never say never again.

J. Bonkosky

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I won’t be selling anytime soon:
1)Electric Mistress (18v original one)
2)Deluxe Electric Mistress (green silk screen AC version)
3)Maestro Echoplex EP3 (with cover)
4)Memory Man with Hazorai
5)1978 Distortion+ (this one just has a thing going for it)

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
I had no clue there were so many pedals! I don't use many and only see what is in the shops, but the array on display here is stunning!

gkterry

Tele-Afflicted
Wampler Paisley Drive
Analog Man Prince of Tone
Source Audio Nemesis Delay
Wampler Faux Spring Reverb
Marshall Drive Master
and a few more