5 Pedals You'll Never Sell

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I can’t seem to reduce the number to 5. I have been living with these for more than a few years now and consider them all life long pedals and could not live without every one of them. I shudder to think if any of them ever fail (well okay, plenty of Polytunes out there:rolleyes:). I have a couple other pedals for small solo acoustic/electrics gigs, but these are my base:
A83148DD-9C9C-4284-A8D4-EFD8576483C2.jpeg

jamesepowell

Tele-Holic
DS-1 - Because why would I ever?
Fulltone OCD - I'm still exploring what this one can do
ProCo Rat - I have no idea which vintage, but I really really like it
Boss CE-2w - Bought & sold quite a few chorus pedals over the years, this one's the keeper
Suhr Jackrabbit - Didn't think I'd like a tremolo pedal. I was wrong.

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I definitely have my go to pedals, but I can't see selling any of them.
If I were looking for just one tone, maybe I could live with a fixed set of pedals.
The tone I have in my head seems to be a moving target from time to time :)
I think of my pedals as a library, even though I may have read the book already, I may want to come back to it later.

Probably doesn't make sense, but the bottom line is I don't typically sell any of my gear.
Every time I have, I have regretted it and wind up spending more money to re-acquire it.
In my case every time I've sold something it's met with regret or done out of financial duress - neither of which feel good.

darkwaters

Friend of Leo's
Well, never say never, but for now:

TC HOF - Excellent reverb pedal. Can’t imagine anything better and I’m a reverb addict.

Bad Monkey - Had it for years. I’ve bought other fancier ODs since, but it’s still my favourite.

DOD FX747 flanger - An oldie, but a goodie.

MXR Six Band EQ - I play mostly clean and for me a good EQ is essential.

Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo - Such a warm trem. I believe they’re discontinued now. Too bad.

Honourable mention for my Boss FDR1. I’m not generally a fan of Boss pedals, but this has proved pretty handy over the years.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I can’t seem to reduce the number to 5. I have been living with these for more than a few years now and consider them all life long pedals and could not live without every one of them. I shudder to think if any of them ever fail (well okay, plenty of Polytunes out there:rolleyes:). I have a couple other pedals for small solo acoustic/electrics gigs, but these are my base: View attachment 923109
Me too. I totally forgot to count my Protein, Klone, Trem. Too much pressure!

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
MXR Sugar Drive mini
Wampler Tumnus Mini
MXR Phase 95 mini
Polytune
Wampler Faux Spring

are my go-tos currently

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
Fulltone - Fulldrive II
Fulltone - Soulbender Fuzz
Fulltone - Plimsoul
Lovepedal - Kalamazoo
Lovepedal - Purple Plexi
Lovepedal - Tchula
EH - Mini Qtron
Boss DM2 analog delay
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Tech 21 - XXL
Boss TR-2 Tremelo
Hermida Zendrive

These are the ones I can remember

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
My 18V Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus. My first pedal ( awww... ) I rarely feel the need for chorus, but when I do, it comes good.
My Trio+ - Unless a newer version came out.
My Rowin LEF-606 Silicon Fuzz. <- Marvellous fuzz.
My Valv-E-Tiser - Not that anyone'd buy it :)
My Behringer VT999 <- Yes, a Behringer. It makes a good boost or overdrive or just a unity gain pedal with a three band EQ and noise gate.

Honourable mentions :-

My fuzzes. The first rule of fuzz club is one does not sell fuzzes. Fuzzes are to be added to.
Joyo American Sound.
Blackstar HT Boost. Fancy goosing a valve front-end?, this needs a restraining order :)

I don't have expensive pedals.

TelePlayer6753

TDPRI Member
I always say I’m going to stick to a certain pedal but I never do. I’ve been through so many, bought, and traded. Some I wish I could have back, some not so much lol. I love Ods, delays, and verbs, and have a love hate with comps. Ive done the same with amps as well. The only thing that’s stayed constant is my Tele that I traded for when I was 17 in 1992.

Twang-ineer

Tele-Meister
Only one pedal - Tech21 CompTortion. I have two backups and a broken one in storage. I would never even sell the broken one.

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
Okay I'll play:

Peterson Strobo Stomp
Origin Cali 76 Stacked
Barber 1/2 Gainer
Barber Ltd
Barber Small Fry

Will be interesting to read the list in 3 weeks and see, if it's still valid

Masmus

Tele-Holic
1. 78 Cry Baby
2. 79 Big Muff
3. 80 Little Big Muff just in case the other one fails
4. Boss RE20
5. Boss TR2 Tremolo
There are others but these are the ones I used when I play live.

sudogeek

Tele-Holic
Tele -> TC Polytune -> Homebrew 6G15/SF hybrid reverb unit w/tube buffer/boost stage -> [Tech21 Blond or Joyo ACTone] -> TC Flashback (in effects loop, if present, otherwise last) -> amp

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have a few more thn 5 as I'm not a pedal driver my self but view pedals as Icing to be used once then a new set up ,(but thats just me)

Any way for chistmas one year Ms 24 went to the local music store and tried to buy me a "BLUES JAZZER" and an Ibanez green thing she thought was a guitar , lucky for me Long & Mcquade knew me and I ended up with.........

BD2-large.jpg
TS9-b31f70d38d7dcab3cb3a58524f1c5ef4.jpg

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
My T-Rex Fat Shuga boost/reverb is an always-on for my SF Princeton, like it was made for the amp. My Blues Driver and Bad Monkey are also very nice sounding pedals, but interchangeable with other blue/green-type pedals. That Fat Shuga is non-negotiable.