5 Pedals You'll Never Sell

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
I have a Robert Keeley modified Rat, from when he was just some dude modifying pedals. I have a Jaurnig DGTM overdrive that used to belong to Robber Ford. I don't know how valuable they are, but to me they're valuable to me. I have a Klon KTR from the first production run, but I'd prob sell it if the money was right. I have a Jetter 45/100 that turned me on to the whole Blues Breaker sound. It's switch is a bit faulty now and I have a replacement, but haven't sold the first one for sentimental reasons. I have a Spouse Black box that I don't think I'd ever sell. And probably my RC Booster like a few people have also said. I guess it's all overdrives for me!

Engine Swap

Friend of Leo's
This and my Digitech 20/20

49646323471_71b84912f8_k.jpg

FenderLover

Poster Extraordinaire
Currently:
Origin Cali76
Strymon Deco
Strymon Flint
Strymon El Capistan
Strymon Lex

But there's also a small trove of 'classics' that would be hidden if I were ever called to surrender all but 5.;)

Last edited:

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
1.-3. Boss OD, MD and DD-200 as they are awesome and give me tons of variety.
4. Cusack Resound reverb is just fantastic!
5. The Whammy is fun and the Deja Vibe is great but I think I’d go with my Bad Horsie 2 wah. I love the throw of Morley treadles over the Crybaby style. I love the switchless system and the contour controls allow me to dial in the frequency sweep I want. The Dunlop 535Q and especially the Crybaby From Hell are also amazing if you prefer the Dunlop style treadle throw.

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Hmmm, I'm going to have to go with classes of pedal rather than individual examples.

1) Maxon AD including 900, 999Pro, AD9Pro, 18v AD80 (six or so)
2) SUF Muffs with mids KNOBS (only two, Civil war circuit and Violet Ram circuit)
3) Bogner Ecstasy Blue in both sizes
4) Vintage (pre Dunlop abomination) MXR two knob flangers (four or five?)
5) DOD250 variants from original to clone to boutique variants (not sure how many)

Technicality: A few other muffs including old rickety Russians, cheap Chicago clones, and one that's a clone of a Tone Bender that was actually a muff type circuit but with just the right amount of tight grindy bass and low mids.
Since a muff and a bender got married, maybe my Tone Bender family can stay too.

Never is a word of youth...

hotraman

Tele-Afflicted
Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble: my first pedal ever.
Still have it. Lots of great musical memories.

Sarno Earth Drive: bought for PSG, sounds great with all of 'em.

Timeline: my first expensive delay, bought it when Strymon released it. Its an inspirational pedal.

Goodrich Volume pedal Lowboy L120. Even with its big footprint, its amazing with my pedal steel.

5th?? don't know.

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Boss metalzone because nobody's ever gonna buy it?

Oh, the other kind of never sell. Well then:

1. My EHX small clone. They aren't worth much, and I'm too attached.
2. Edwards Light Beam volume pedal. I can't afford to replace it, and it's too good to part with. Absolutely needed for steel guitar, so gotta keep.
3. EHX NYC muff from early 2000s. Totally might mod , but not worth enough to part with fir sentiment.
4. EHX graphic Fuzz. It's not common, and it's been useful for certain amps over the years.
5. Chicago Stompworks Barebox rat. They don't do Barebox ones often anymore, and it's the best rat I'll be able to buy.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
none. i use boss pedals so there's nothing i have that is so precious it can't be gotten again for 50 bucks.

Same with boutique pedals really.
Sell a Boss for $50 and buy another for $50.
Sell a Strymon for $300 and buy another for $300.

My no sells are OOP and/or vintage.
Actually the SUF's may be in production but they are not that popular and could easily go OOP.
Hard to find used though, nobody sells them, so sell a SUF Muff for $125 buy another for $200?
Nope!

But I can get 90% of a $200 SUF muff for $60 from CSW.

Funny, the cheap DOD250 was cheap new and cheap used and cheap reissued an cheap cloned, but all subsequent builds are the "improved" version and I prefer the worse early '80s yellow version.
So the one original has to stay. Paid $40 for it.

radtz

Tele-Holic
Metal Muff Micro
Joyo Atmosphere
Whammy II
Cry Baby Wah

I would also put the Pigtronix Philosopher King on the list since it's worth pennies on the dollars I spent on it.

MrGibbly

Tele-Afflicted
So easy to end up with a wall of pedals that collect dust. I'm all about use 'em or lose 'em. During Covid Lock-Down - I tried a boatload of them. The five I will take to the grave are:

Analogman - Beano (has a weird "secret" idiosyncrasy in that it works especially well with the input plug half-way in, it does marvelous tonal rounding for clean playing.) Works as advertised when used in the normal way too.

Valbruch - Spacetime. I need room or hall effects that can be really subtle, not all that oogy-boogy endless repeats and tonal distortions.

Rowin - Dumbler - Cheap and it just works.

JB Nano - Jangle Box - Coupled with a good Tele, essential for getting that Mike Campbell sound without the expense of buying an AC30 just for that tone.

Weber Mini Mass - Strictly speaking, an anti-pedal. Running my '67 Blackface Princeton at #5 or #6 through it allows the sound of the Tele to come through without all the loss and artificial fuzz of distortion pedals.
There's (almost) always a price! I could be persuaded to part with any of my pedals except the old Thomas Organ Co Stereo Fuzz Wah that came from my grandfather's guitar store. Not sure I could name 5 that I'd fight hard to hang on to but the last to go would be my Hudson Broadcast. The Klon KTR is about to go with where prices are on Reverb...

thechad

Tele-Holic
I have an old Boss CE-2 pedal that I was thinking of selling until I looked up what they were going for and realized how valuable it is. Now I’m going to take it to the grave. Life is funny like that.

idjster

VERY grateful member
Silver Supporter
I've been through the whole raft of effects which has left me a little cold now that I don't do anything outside the house. I don't need what a lot of the pedals give, though I won't knock them for that. Really, all I do is fun now, so my EHX B9 and C9 pedals are all I need. The rest is up to me.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Not sexy, but my workhorse Boss assortment:
Blues Driver, Tremolo, DD-3, CE-5 Chorus

MHP ( 11 Gauge) special Fuzz Face build

Add +1 please- Barber Direct Drive
( big box)

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Donut use pedals much. When I do, but not all at once:
- great compressors. (hv a few!)
- nice reverb pedal

- Chase Tone 'Secret Preamp'
I play clean this adds more depth. I like it.

IMG_20211125_124554150~2.jpg

Last edited: