5 Pedals You'll Never Sell

CX Hunter

Tele-Meister
So easy to end up with a wall of pedals that collect dust. I'm all about use 'em or lose 'em. During Covid Lock-Down - I tried a boatload of them. The five I will take to the grave are:

Analogman - Beano (has a weird "secret" idiosyncrasy in that it works especially well with the input plug half-way in, it does marvelous tonal rounding for clean playing.) Works as advertised when used in the normal way too.

Valbruch - Spacetime. I need room or hall effects that can be really subtle, not all that oogy-boogy endless repeats and tonal distortions.

Rowin - Dumbler - Cheap and it just works.

JB Nano - Jangle Box - Coupled with a good Tele, essential for getting that Mike Campbell sound without the expense of buying an AC30 just for that tone.

Weber Mini Mass - Strictly speaking, an anti-pedal. Running my '67 Blackface Princeton at #5 or #6 through it allows the sound of the Tele to come through without all the loss and artificial fuzz of distortion pedals.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
So easy to end up with a wall of pedals that collect dust. I'm all about use 'em or lose 'em. During Covid Lock-Down - I tried a boatload of them. The five I will take to the grave are:

Analogman - Beano (has a weird "secret" idiosyncrasy in that it works especially well with the input plug half-way in, it does marvelous tonal rounding for clean playing.) Works as advertised when used in the normal way too.

Valbruch - Spacetime. I need room or hall effects that can be really subtle, not all that oogy-boogy endless repeats and tonal distortions.

Rowin - Dumbler - Cheap and it just works.

JB Nano - Jangle Box - Coupled with a good Tele, essential for getting that Mike Campbell sound without the expense of buying an AC30 just for that tone.

Weber Mini Mass - Strictly speaking, an anti-pedal. Running my '67 Blackface Princeton at #5 or #6 through it allows the sound of the Tele to come through without all the loss and artificial fuzz of distortion pedals.
My Mosaic Twelve-String Emulator, my Joyo American Sound, any decent chorus pedal, any decent tremolo pedal, and any decent delay pedal.
Apparently they're all out-of-stock, but I want to try a Boss OC-5 octave, in case the "ensemble" I'm trying to put together can't find an appropriate bass player. Demos I've seen are pretty darn good.

gmann

Friend of Leo's
Strymon Flint
RYRA Klone
LovePedal Les Luis
Mad Professor Super Black

Everything else is subject to sale

Steve Jeffries

TDPRI Member
These ones. Never had a tuner my entire life, but since I got it I believe that my ears have decided they are not needed as much

Attachments

• BF60F6AE-7973-4DD9-9D2E-298CD21EA380.jpeg
    BF60F6AE-7973-4DD9-9D2E-298CD21EA380.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 79
  • 15AC0769-6E03-45D1-892F-54ACA62AC629.jpeg
    15AC0769-6E03-45D1-892F-54ACA62AC629.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 76
  • D54CAB7A-2562-447C-AEFA-8489D308B8D5.jpeg
    D54CAB7A-2562-447C-AEFA-8489D308B8D5.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 3CDD6AB6-03A6-4062-B4B5-E52B417AC2EB.jpeg
    3CDD6AB6-03A6-4062-B4B5-E52B417AC2EB.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 74
  • E76D2578-D2C6-4450-A228-D1B0D99AC40B.jpeg
    E76D2578-D2C6-4450-A228-D1B0D99AC40B.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 79

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I only use two pedals, a BOSS EQ-200 equalizer and a Fender Mirror Image Delay. Those are keepers. There's a Keeley 4 knob compressor in a drawer where it will probably sit until I die and the kids have to clean out the house to claim their inheritance. There's a pedal that dates back to the '80s that was supposed to act as a bass cut that was sent off to an electronics waste recycler long ago. Does a foot switch count? I don't use that either.

knavel

Tele-Holic
1.Echoplex EP-2 (if that counts as a pedal)
2. 1962 (Chassis only) Fender Reverb Unit (if that counts as a pedal)
3. Roland Bee Baa
4. 1968 Vox Wah Wah
5. Maestro Phaser (the huge one)

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I definitely have my go to pedals, but I can't see selling any of them.
If I were looking for just one tone, maybe I could live with a fixed set of pedals.
The tone I have in my head seems to be a moving target from time to time :)
I think of my pedals as a library, even though I may have read the book already, I may want to come back to it later.

Probably doesn't make sense, but the bottom line is I don't typically sell any of my gear.
Every time I have, I have regretted it and wind up spending more money to re-acquire it.

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
I have pedals I'm not looking to sell, but in the end they're just tools and nothing's safe forever if I find something I like better.

For me it would be the ones I've build myself... Who thinking clearly would buy them ;)

Well, except those of course.

Here are my five that are pretty safe for the moment:

-'80s big box Rat- it's like an "instant awesome" switch, this is one of two dirt pedals that's worked with every amp I've ever tried it on.

-Catalinbread Hyperpak- this is the other dirt pedal that's worked on every amp I've ever tried it on. I tried building a clone but it didn't sound the same.

-EXH Deluxe Electric Mistress- one of the last of the old style reissues in the big enclosure so it's not "vintage", but I spent years buying other pedals looking for this sound so now that I have it, I'm not letting it go.

-Analogman Peppermint- I got it relatively inexpensively and it's a cool sound but not really a daily driver. I keep seeing them go up in price though, so I don't want to cash out yet. My Boss FRV-1 falls into this category, too.

-Fulltone '69- I know Fuller is the guy everyone loves to hate, but dang if this isn't a great fuzz.

HONORABLE MENTION:

-Real McCoy RMC3- It's an incredibly versatile wah, but honestly a Dunlop 535 would be just as good 75% of the time. I keep it around for that other 25%, though.

Last edited: