5 new sounds from your strat with one switch? Yes please!

DocG

Tele-Holic
Years ago I modded a Strat with the Super Strat wiring from the August 1987 issue of Guitar Player. It involved replacing the wafer switch with three mini toggle switches and a maze of wires. I still have the pickguard lying around, minus the pups. It was hard to remember what combination of switches got which sound! But at this point I can get my sound without mods to Strat or Tele.

stratisfied

Tele-Afflicted
I've done the "Gilmore Mod" for the two extra tones on a couple Strats. one via a mini toggle switch and another with a pushbutton like Fender's MIM Dlx Player had. I'd like to try that 10-way.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
I want a friend to do this to their strat so I can play around with it, but it's too complicated for mine.

G Stone496

Tele-Meister
Just ordered one of these 10 way strat switches. Doesn’t change the appearance or ‘scar’ your guitar in any way. Looks as easy as a 5-way to wire up. It’ll be going into my MIJ strat.
It helps to have the pickup closest to the neck tapped 15% so it wont be muddy and to tame the volume spike. These will be stock pickups but they are pretty weak, so hopefully it will work out. Anyone put one of these in a strat? Thoughts?

I barely use all 5 of the ones I got now. 5 more? I’m afraid my head might explode! 🤪🤯

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Yup agreed about using ALL the sounds, but based on my tele, I could see:
1. B & M in series. (may need a tapped/RpRw Tiger middle pu to tame bass/vol) mid-rangy lead stuff.
2. All three parallel (for clean chords, ambient harmonics etc.) Especially recording.
3. B & N parallel for funk comp kinda stuff like tele middle position.

Wont have time to wire switch in for some time though… 😢