44 Years Ago Today - What Was YOUR FIRST CONCERT ?

Jim622

Friend of Leo's
After, Geils has always been my favorite concert band. I seen them after many times, but I honestly can't remember. I was 15, and it was my first show, everything was just so over the top. I never seen that many people in my life before. All 3 were great. I remember each band being unbelievably great. Just a great show.

saltyseadog

Tele-Holic
The Kinks in Elgin Town Hall, Morayshire Scotland in 1964 when i was 14. It must have been a Thursday, as I recall Ray Davies telling us that the next number was their new single "All Day and all of the Night" which would be in the shops the next day as all records in those days were released on Friday.

Mike H.

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
My first real concert was April 21, 1972. Paul Rodgers and Free opened for Rod Stewart and Faces at the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee.

schoolie

Tele-Holic
Kiss at the San Diego Sports Arena, 1977 or so. I was around 10, and Kiss seems pretty awesome to a 10 year old boy ;) My buddy Dhiraj and I were chaperoned by his straight-laced engineer dad. Thanks for taking us Dhiraj's dad. You're a mensch! Anyway sound was terrible and loud, as most big shows were back then, but we had a blast!

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
Bread - Charleston, WVA Civic Center, April 1977

I remember when David Gates introduced Everything I Own as a song written for his late dad, when we saw them on their reunion tour . They closed with If, opened with Mother Freedom and sounded just like the records. I remember Larry Knechtel cracking his knuckles before playing the piano on one song. I was almost 13, and my parents took our family to see it. I can still remember parts of it, after almost 45 years(!) The opening act was a group called, Jelly---no kidding.

1642621106191.png

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
44 years ago today, in 1976, I attended my first 'rock' concert; I was 15 years old, young, dumb, and full of intoxicants :oops:

Rainbow was the headlining band, touring in support of their 'Rising' album, which featured Ronnie James Dio on vocals, Cozy Powell on drums, and of course Ritchie Blackmore on guitar. It was one of the best shows I have ever witnessed & I have seen some doozies. Thanks to Ritchies influence I ended up playing Strats exclusively for 20 years. :D Hard to believe it has been 44 years since that magical show. It was a great show to see to get 'broken in' to the live rock scene.
http://www.dio.net/pictures_tickets/19760730_ad.jpg
Less than two weeks later on August 10, 1976, I saw my second concert @ the same venue, KISS playing on their 'Destroyer' Tour. Being 15 years old in the 1970s was the BOMB !!!!!!!!

So, what was your first 'concert' ???????
I saw that tour here in Southern California, and Pat Travers opened up for them. We were sitting pretty close, near the floor, and Pat Travers blew my ears out so much I could barely hear Rainbow. "Boom boom, out go your eardrums".

fattboyzz

Tele-Meister
1st real Rock show was in the Omni Coliseum in Atlanta.
The Scorpions opened.
Blackfoot was next.
Ted Nugent was the main event.

Summer of 1979 ;)
I was 14.