4-way, two tones, master volume

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by old_picker, Oct 23, 2019.

1. old_picker

old_picker Tele-Afflicted

Not sure how to hook up the tones to the 4-way - I'll have concentric pots in place of the no load tone and assume they connect to a tag on the switch -

my guess, if switch tags are numbered 1,2,3,4,5 top row - 6,7,8,9,10 bottom row -
    neck tone to tag 2
    bridge tone to tag 9

i usually do the tone cap slightly differently with a line from the vol pot as shown to the outer bottom lug on the tone pot and the cap between the middle lug and earth - obviously the line from the volume pot won't be there in this case

this is my circuit

thanks
    IMG_5297.JPG

2. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Neck 5, Bridge 6. In other words, the tones come right off the pickups. You will have both active in the combo positions, like Strat position 4, but you didn't specify what you wanted to happen there...

3. old_picker

old_picker Tele-Afflicted

thanks - much appreciated - so obvious now :) both tones active in the combo position is good
    I was toying with the idea of using a bass cut for the neck instead of a treble cut - neck pickup in the case of this guitar is a humbucker and quite a warm tone to begin with. Used bass cut once before and interesting tones are possible -

moosie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.