4-way switch with Kinman pups?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by fenderrookie, Dec 2, 2007.

1. fenderrookie

fenderrookie A fan of Leo!

disreguard.....

found answer for the Q

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. Deaf Eddie

Deaf Eddie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'll post an answer, just in case anyone else is curious. I sell custom switches that offer series and out of phase combos for Strats, but there are provisos regarding certain pickups, and I list them on my website. In January of 2006, I received a nice e-mail from Chris Kinman, and here's a short quote from it:

"I see you mentioned Kinman pickups in reference to grounding techniques for single coils. Yes, there may have been issues in the past because I didn't make mine phase-reversible. But that was changed last year (or was it the year before) when I isolated the magnets from ground. Now in most cases my Hx series are quite happy to run in series without any special considerations."

So, if you have a NEW set of Kinman Hx pups, you do not have to worry about it, the series combo on the Fender 4-way will work just fine. If you have an older set, probably not.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.