4 Tele's to choose from! Help!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by BenJ, Jun 18, 2019.

Which Tele?

1. Nash T-52 ($$)

2. LSL T-Bone One ($$$)

3. Fender American Original ($$$$)

4. Musikraft/Guitar Mill/MJT/Rutters Partscaster ($)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Part o Caster, sir!

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

I've had a real good run of partscasters lately, so that's where
    my vote goes.

3. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

4. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of aussies here..

I saw these two guitars on the Facebook Marketplace (Even if Im in Melbourne, I stalk all guitar groups LOL)... Id have trouble picking from the three as well...

If I was in your shoes, and in the market for a 52 look, I think I saw an AV52 re issue in Sydney, or somewhere close there.. I'd go for that instead of boutique Nash or LSL.. It's discontinued, big neck, lovely vintage feel, lovely pickups and costs a bit less than the Nash and LSL and certainly waay less than Custom shop prices here in Oz.. I personally like the AVRI line and would choose it over the MJT as well..

if based on Aesthetics, Id go for the MJT build.. Thats a lovely neck and would certainly make heads turn around.. Havent played a Nash or an LSL though.. I think they'll play and sound as good as they look as well, but the specs on the MJT aged guitar is top notch.. Rutters, Musicraft, Guitar Mill, Lollars... I mean whats not to like?

But if Im going to be honest, I like rosewood fretboards better than maple, and if I have the $$$$ I'd go for the AO 60's or the even cheaper and newer MIJ Traditional 60's.. or if there's a used Fender CS with rosewood fretboard thats close the new AO60's price, Id go and check that one out first..

ultimately its gonna be you who's playing and deciding, we're just projecting our thoughts and ideas onto you.. we're all mixed nuts here, some dont like rosewood, some do, some may like Fenders only, some go for boutiques or partscaster route.. so you're gonna get mixed responses!

BenJ likes this.
  5. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

I vote for the Fender or the Nash, in that order.

I like partscasters, but I have a distaste for partscasters that have a Fender logo on them. It just seems dishonest. People should be proud of their work, not passing it off under a more popular name.

swany and BenJ like this.
  6. BenJ

BenJ TDPRI Member

You know what as I was posting this thread last night someone put up a Fender Custom Shop 67 Reissue Telecaster Heavy Relic with a Humbucker neck for less than the LSL and a little bit more than the Nash AU$2200

Sadly since I only saw it this morning I'm now 2nd in line. There has to be something wrong with the guitar for the sale not to go through. So I'm sad I didn't see it early enough!

7. dreamingtele

I had the same cash not too long ago, and I was in the market for a custom shop too, but I have a family and a small bub and another beagle to feed, so I passed on getting a few custom shops as well, but then a miracle turned up and I found an AV62RI in a pawnshop going for the same price as MIJ.. so I traded my tele and added 400 aud, and now I have my holy grail. LOL..

My advice is, to wait for something really nice.. The Nash and LSL will be available for a longer time I think, I saw those guitar ads longer than I can remember.. but the custom shops always sells quick..

There's a nice custom shop L series Telecaster from Tassie, and going for around 3k I think, LOL.. but yeah, you can try the Nash and LSL first, so you have a reference, and try out custom shops as well, but you'll know the one when you play it.. hold onto your cash for much longer, you'll be glad you did.

8. BenJ

BenJ TDPRI Member

S
    Same here it looks lame. If it plays amazing and I end up buying it I will be taking the fender off and putting my own decal

stnmtthw likes this.
  9. BenJ

BenJ TDPRI Member

Update: I ended up getting the partscaster. I was never one for partscasters mainly because I've never owned one and I always thought "why bother?". But after playing it I just couldn't stop thinking about it. It surprised me! The birdseye maple neck is pretty out there but it's grown on me.

The first thing I did was remove the Fender decal because the placing just looked off to me. I also plan on getting a custom decal instead!

P.S. shoutout to Mother Mary straps! I love this 90's couch material. It really brings me back to my grandma's house!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    David Barnett likes this.
  10. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Holic

That's a badass looking Tele.

11. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Holic

I don't why but I had a feeling you were going to end up with it. It looked good on paper and I guess it did the math! Btw I voted for it too.

12. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

I had to change my vote to partscaster after thinking about it for a minute. The parts broken down and sold individually would probably get most if not more of your $$$ back.

Plus I really needed a double-take to appreciate that neck. It does grow on you.

Cheers!

13. dreamingtele

congrats!

Like I said, Im not the one who appreciates maple neck, but if I do, it should be flamed or figured as... you certainly got a good one!!

That one is a good tele to keep!

14. hamerfan

hamerfan TDPRI Member

Play her in good health!

15. Kylote

Kylote TDPRI Member

I'm too late... I voted the Fender just based on appearance :D the blue with the rosewood neck and binding :eek:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.