4 Eyes...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Asmith, Jun 14, 2021.

1. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

J-Lo went grey in her 20s. My wife says the dark hair Richard Gere can’t hold a candle to the grey Richard Gere.

Asmith likes this.
  2. NoTeleBob

NoTeleBob Tele-Afflicted

25? Newb.

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

was horribly nearsighted as a kid. Went from hitting .625 to .045 in a few months. Cried when I got my glasses (thick as a brick) black glasses, blond hair, we were poor so I had the 'free ones'...

Was called poindexter through school. got contacts my junior year, the world changed in all aspects. had such bad astigmatism could not wear soft lenses, always looked stoned (bright green eyes, red eyes)

At 40, got wavefront lasik. OCCASIONALLY need readers or magnifiers. Just got my eye test 20/20...

it is my favorite thing I ever did just for me.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

I finally had to get glasses at age 60. It was a helluva transition for me, but since everyone I know got glasses as kids, I got no sympathy whatsoever.

Asmith and getbent like this.
  5. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Sounds like quite the ordeal, hopefully it's easier for kids today since those free ones are no longer a thing. Although I did have friends at school who did wear glasses which definitely made them look like Poindexters.

6. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

I think that's a perfect description for what my experience has been, I may not be 60 but 20 odd years is still a long time to go without glasses.

I don't normally start threads on the bad dog. I'd usually just talk to friends about stuff like this.

7. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

I feel you pain. I been wearin' glasses over 60 years. can't do contacts because too many weirdo things with my eyes. and as posted... 4 eyes by J Sebastian.... the Lovin' Spoonful did it in '66 when wearing glasses actually had some stigma (no pun) attached. I loved those guys. and... great album with Nashville Cats, Summer in the City, Rain on the Roof.... dayum good, liked them better than the Beatles at one time... do yourself a favor and get a copy of "Hums"...

The Lovin' Spoonful - 4 Eyes. - YouTube

The Lovin' Spoonful - Nashville Cats (Audio) - YouTube

The Lovin Spoonful -- Summer In The City Video HQ - YouTube

and Zal.... my first guitar hero

Asmith likes this.
  8. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

You're gonna find out why the older we get, the grouchier we get.

P Thought, getbent and Asmith like this.
  9. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Holic

I first got glasses about the time my wife and I got engaged. I used to scare her with my driving, which was mainly at night when I was with her.

I have quite the eye history. I had retinas detach and reattached in 2002 and 2003. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes. And now I have glaucoma.

I am losing my peripheral vision, mainly in my right eye. Sheldon Cooper on "The Big Bang Theory" said that, on a good day, he could see his ears. I'm lucky to see my nose.

I don't like to drive at night. With my field of vision closing in, my eyes don't seem to get as much light as they used to, much like the lens opening in a camera. I have a hard time telling streets from driveways.

I think cities should paint stripes on all cross-streets so you can see that it is a street and not a driveway.

Mike Simpson and getbent like this.
  10. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

Nearsighted
    Glasses since I was 13 (needed them earlier but didn’t know)
    Contacts since I was 15.

There’s worse things in life.

dented likes this.
  11. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm a geezer too. Yes i do miss my great vision... about 45 it started to deteriorate. I have transition lenses and they are much better than old school bifocals. You have to adjust to the depth issue with either for sure. Early on I tripped off my boat to the dock cracking my wrist due to the depth issue.
    This fall I will need cataract surgery.

12. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

I started wearing glasses at 8 years old. Now I have these...

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.