1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

39 years later it's like NPD

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by SheldonP, Nov 30, 2020.

1. SheldonP

SheldonP Tele-Meister

I bought this thing back in early 1981. I used it at a few gigs, then got busy doing several tours on bass. During a quick trip home in October of 1981, a friend asked to borrow it while his was being repaired. I just told him to give it back when he was done with it. In the organized chaos that is life on the road, one tour became two, two became ten and pretty soon I forgot all about it. Fast forward to today.

My buddy walks in to my office with a sheepish look on his face and hands me a box. Inside was this:

IMG_0336.jpg

Apparently he only used it a couple of times, put it in a box in his closet and forgot about it as quickly as I did. He actually found it last month, but wanted to send it off for a quick checkup/cleanup before he gave it to me. I haven't had much time to mess with it yet, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

2. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

I'd love to try that. I bet I'd like it. I get all giddy when I plug up to this old thing every now and then. IMG_1407.JPG

deus56, SheldonP and emisilly like this.
  3. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Nice

4. Les H

Les H Tele-Holic

Back in 93 I had a good friend and guitar playing buddy die in a freak accident, he was 21. We played in a band together and were always over at each other's house swapping tricks and licks we learned with each other. At the time he had a then new Marshall Shred Master pedal and a lower end Jackson Randy Rhoads V with a custom aluminum pickguard he made. (he worked in a metal fab shop). His guitar and that pedal always sounded awesome I thought and I was always going to get a Shred Master for myself but never did. I kind of gave up on bands for a few years after his passing.

At his funeral his mom told me she wanted me to have his gear and all his old guitar mags and tab books and told me to stop by in a week or 2 and we would discuss it further. I stopped by and she informed me his belongings were over at his old house that was still being occupied by his then pregnant girlfriend and that she would have it all ready. When I stopped by she had 3 milk crates stacked full of his mags and tab books but no guitar and no pedal but oddly enough she or someone took off his custom made pickguard and it was in one of the milk crates. I didn't press the issue and I didn't even bring it up, I just told her "thanks". About a year later I bumped into his mom and she asked if I was putting his things to good use in which I told her I didn't get the guitar or his pedals when I went to pick the stuff up. She was upset and told me she would talk to his girlfriend about it.

I never heard anything else about it. His mom has since passed away also and I would occasionally run into his old girlfriend at school functions but I still didn't bring it up. My guess is it was the only things of his left behind and maybe she wanted it for their daughter or she sold it to fund some baby items. At this point I'm only just curious of what ever happened to it

SheldonP likes this.
  5. drmordo

drmordo Tele-Holic

I have a similar story, but it hasn't been resolved yet!

I loaned a buddy a Flanger Hoax pedal probly 14 years ago and he still has it.

I'll get it back one of these days...

deus56, Fretting out and SheldonP like this.
  6. deus56

deus56 Tele-Meister

Oh dear, Christmas came twice a year for you.
    Congrats!!!! on the reunion.

SheldonP likes this.
  7. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

That’s an awesome pedal! And it’s the green version!

I have one I believe to be from the early 90’s that’s pretty sweet

SheldonP likes this.
  8. Danb541

Danb541 Tele-Afflicted

The reverse green and black one. That's worth a few bucks.

deus56 and SheldonP like this.
  9. deus56

deus56 Tele-Meister

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.