32 years ago

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by xStonr, Aug 13, 2020.

1. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Today, 32 years ago I hit my bottom and decided to get clean. August 13, 1988. I tried the day before, the 12th but gave in to temptation. Waking up (coming to) on the 13th I realized I was done. Nothing changes if nothing changes so I made my decision to change and get clean. I am grateful to all who were there for in my journey. My road to recovery wasn't easy as there were many obstacles in my way but sitting here right now, I am in a good place. Thanks.

2. Gabrielle84

Gabrielle84 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Congratulations on stringing together all those "days at a time" to that make up your 32 years of continued clean time! not easy, but worth it (31 years here).

3. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Congratulations ... stay with it .

xStonr likes this.
  4. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Congratulations

xStonr likes this.
  5. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Holic

How nice for you. That's a great testimony.

xStonr likes this.
  6. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Holic

Congrats! I cannot imagine how hard it is to fight years of temptation. Keep it up!

I confess I've been a weed smoker all my life, never interfered with work or life until I started singing 2 yrs ago.

The problem is I have compulsive tendencies and when I have weed, I smoke weed all the time. With it comes munchies and the poor dieting habits, which leads to severe acid reflux.

Well, the acid reflux was so bad last month, plus the hot smoke down the throat, that it has damaged my vocal cords (not irreparably, I'm in recovery phase now) and created a cyst too!

I got this news yesterday BTW, went to ENT after not being able to even finish one song, let alone an entire set. I have decided to cut weed all together (no other option if I want to continue singing), thank goodness I'm not a drinker nor a cigarette smoker (hate both) and so the cold turkey cut is not too bad.

When I don't smoke weed (I've had many hiatus in my life with it), my dieting habits are super good, I drop to my ideal weight, and feel incredibly vital and energetic.

So for me is bye bye Mary J and hello new me and healthy throat (hopefully, that cyst is a concern and may require surgical intervention if it's not decreased in 6 weeks when I go back to ENT).

GDR

Cali Dude, xStonr and WalthamMoosical like this.
  7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Good on ya’!

xStonr likes this.
  8. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Afflicted

Sincere congrats from a fellow traveler! Glad you're in a good place today, and for having been there for the previous 11,688 days!

xStonr likes this.
  9. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Good on ya'........
    Hope I don't sound like I'm gloating, (honestly not) but I've been blessed that I have enough self control that nothing is able to "take over" my life. Smoking cigarettes is the WORST thing I've ever been addicted to, and I quit those almost forty years ago. I am a moderate drinker, but it's NEVER interfered with or "controlled" my world. I NEVER drink if I'm playing, even just a rehearsal. Again....I don't want to say I'm stronger than anyone else......just "luckier". For those who've felt the need to quit something, I wish you all the best. For those who haven't been able to quit something yet, I'll pray for you and "will" you the strength. To you, xStonr......congratulations.....;)

GreatDaneRock likes this.
  10. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Tele-Afflicted

Did you try a 'dry herb' vaporizer? Much easier on the throat, but sadly no help with the munchies.

GreatDaneRock likes this.
  11. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

Congratulations! Heck of an accomplishment!

xStonr likes this.
  12. CajunJ

CajunJ Tele-Meister

Well done!

xStonr likes this.
  13. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Holic

I will eventually visit my brother who lives in Chile where I'm originally from, he uses "the volcano", which is a top tier German-made vaporizer that vaporizes dry herb into a bag, you let then let the air cool down and serve it up when you need it. He lives in Chile so that will be my only indulgence moving forward.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.