3 way super switch wiring?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by skimballc, May 24, 2016.

1. skimballc

skimballc TDPRI Member

I just received a switch like this one and this one and I can't find a wiring diagram for this kind of switch anywhere. The seller hasn't responded yet. Anybody have one? I am not particularly electronically gifted...
    This is just a standard 2 single coils, volume, tone, switch setup.

2. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

simple-tele-wiring-on-a-super-switch.png

3. skimballc

skimballc TDPRI Member

Thanks professor!

4. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Haha! That's "Doctor" :p "Doctor of Teleocity" :cool::cool:

5. swisstpa

swisstpa NEW MEMBER!

I have a question about this switch and was hoping you could help. I have a Korean Rogue double neck that I am going to re-wire and replace the pickups (it was never done properly). The guitar has 2 humbucker pickups for each neck, 2 volumes, 2 tones, and only 2 selector switches - a 3-way Strat style pickup selector switch and a 3 way Les Paul style selector switch located between the necks. I want to use the Les Paul style switch to control on/off/both for the necks, and then set up each of the two volume/tone pair to either a) control both pickups for one of the necks, or b) control the bridge pickups for both the 6 and 12 string necks, and the other Volume/Tone pair for the neck pickups for both the 6 and 12 string necks. I have seen the Oak Grigsby 5-way super switch that has 4 separate poles that switch simultaneously. I am looking for similar functionality in a 3 way switch. I am hoping that this switch works in the same way, but with only 2 sets of poles. If this is the case, could I wire one side of the switch to control the switching of the 12 string pickups (Bridge, Neck or Both) and the other side of the switch to control the 6 string neck in the same manner (Bridge, Neck or Both)? This way, the strat style 3-way toggle would be able to effectively switch the pickups on both necks in tandem. Thanks for any help on this!

Rogue Doubleneck.jpg

6. Boozter1

Boozter1 NEW MEMBER!

Hey skimballc, did the diagram work for you? I bought a switch exactly like this just a few ago and followed this diagram.. it didn't work for me.

7. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That diagram / photo that @waparker4 marked up is correct.

Note, this is a three-way SUPER switch, not your typical three way.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.