3 out, one in! N(old)GD!

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
I had 3 guitars listed for sale this week as in January I decided to really cut down my collection to the bare bones (for me), as my guitars just didn't get enough play time. (This is on top of another Tele I sold in February).

I decided to sell some of my more expensive instruments and replaced them with a MIK Epi Dot, which I made a thread about a while back, which I have adored.

To my surprise, *all* 3 guitars sold this morning and are out of the door already! :D

Out:
Jimmy Page Sig tele (feb)
Squier CV Esquire
2012 Gibson SG 50's Tribute (p90's)
Gibson LP Special TV Yellow

I was glad they went so quick, as I wasn't able to hold back on another Epi DOT MIK in Blonde I saw by chance on a sales platform yesterday... which happened to arrive in the mail today! ><

The 2 DOTs are near identical condition, the same year (!), identical to play and both sound fantastic - they turned out to be a few hunder serial numbers apart!

It took me 30 years, but I feel like I have really found my voice with a 335/DOT, and although I am down to only one Tele, I don't regret the decision at all - and my wallet is happy too as I am vastly net positive all round!

Obligatory pic of the Twins:

Attachments

• IMG_8837.jpg
    IMG_8837.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 46

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
Those are some fine guitars that you have sold, but it seems totally reasonable to downsize the herd if you werent playing them and they didnt inspire you to play them.
The Epis look great. It is great that you have found what you really like!

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Good on ya! I've been working on thinning my herd lately as well. I have a couple on consignment at local stores that I wish would find new homes pronto. I plan to archive the proceeds and wait until I get the hots for another nice guitar (thinking Gibson LP Special or Guild Starfire). Also plan to reduce the number of amps I have, and then go get one I'm thinking would be a good addition to my stable.

It feels so great to unburden oneself of gear one doesn't use all the time!
And having the wherewithal to move on a new piece is great too!

Good Luck!

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
I feel great about the changes, relieved not to have guitars and money invested that I just don't use! You had the right word - unburdened.

I was so inspired by the change I sold another 2 guitars since I posted! :D

First was a Warmoth Roasted Swamp Ash and Maple hardtail strat that I built as a 'custom' guitar during the recent lockdowns (HSS, gold hardware, turquise inlays etc). Wonderful guitar, played very infrequently, and in hindsight built out of boredom not need. The other was a nice Yamaha accoustic which I never opened the case on in years.

My 'collection' is now *much* more reasonable in terms of the money invested, and what I actually use - 1 strat, 1 tele, 1 LP, 2 x Epi Dot 335's. To make it even better, I recently started to jam with a new group of musicians, so the guitars I have kept are actually being used!

I did invest some of the money into some cheap pedals I had my eye on - a Behringer TS clone and a cheap Tone City Tape Machine, which have already made it to permanent places on my board.

Happy camper :)

I am now considering my Amps, but tbh I have always been much more reasonable there. I have a 'big' amp (Silver Jubilee), a Supro BK10, and 2 lunch box amps (Vox MV50 Clean and an Orange Micro Terror), so think that they are safe!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Fantastic man!!! Good for you. By coincidence I actually have a deal on the table myself, currently in the negotiation phase right now, to do as you have done. Man it's tough though cause I'd be giving up some guitars that, while I don't really play em that much, they're super nice and I love owning them LOL!! Your thread is pushing me towards letting em go and reducing the herd ;)