3 minutes 12 seconds

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Buckocaster51, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted

I let my kids take apart a bunch of old electronic things (washing their hands afterwards of course). 3.5" hard drives are kinda cool because those things have some STRONG magnets in them.

nojazzhere and Obsessed like this.
  2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Another special ed teacher I used to work with would have his students (middle and high school level) take apart old electronics.....mostly computers. He said it was to help teach manual dexterity for possible future employment. I was concerned about hazardous, toxic materials being released, but I could never get him (or administration) to pay any attention.
    As I used to say, as long as there was no blood running under the door into the hallway, administration REALLY didn't care what went on in special ed.....:(

3. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

wait a sec - so you were in college, it was the 70's, you were listening to great music, staying up all night - and you were drinking coffee and eating pie? I KNEW Idaho was different from Oakland CA!

bender66 and william tele like this.
  4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Loved Brewer and Shipley. My old department head played pedal steel on solo efforts by Tom and Mike on different occasions. Between CSN and Brewer and Shipley, my perception of pedal steel was totally transformed...

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  5. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Seasons was one of my go to's when my step dad ran the F.O.E lodge in IA. Those jukes were in every bar I had to follow my dad into. I can still remember the old rickity FOE building before they poured the foundation to the new warehouse-ish looking one added ONTO the old building. It eventually fell or was torn down. Those moving Oly & Hamms signs, shuffle board, & the smell of rotting old men. I miss it.

blowtorch likes this.
  6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

The last jukebox I was around was in a bar in the '90's in Loveland, CO. I was in a duo with a girl singer and some backing tracks. They'd play the jukebox on breaks and it would always be louder then we were. On the second night they sent us home early. We were the wrong act for their bar. I don't know how we got booked there in the first place. It was creepy and a little scary.

7. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I was 11 years old at the Shapanack, what passed for a resort in Cornwallville, NY. There was a Wurlitzer. Kids dropped dimes and quarters in and played Runaway over and over. Teenage girls shook their hips at a speed that was unimaginable to me and the dads just watched them slack jawed. I liked the music. Runaway and Tower of Strength were favorites of mine. I didn’t get the hip shaking thing yet. If I could go back in time, I’d probably be slack jawed too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.