1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$3 Fret levelling, Cheap 'R' Us

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by rirakuma, Feb 28, 2011.

1. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

HI Been here a while now ,but still new to this type of work Fret leveling with a straight or flat surface,but isn't there a radius to the fret board and frets .Wouldn't I be flattening this radius a bit. Maybe I don't understand what is being done.I can see that we don't want the 5th fret higher than the 4th and 6th frets ,but don't we have to be careful that we don't change the radius while leveling?

2. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You work the file with the directions on the string. Only a smal portion on the file to uches the radious, so as lomg as you dont over file the middle section you wont flatten the radius

3. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Thanks again. I always get set straight by you guys Been helped several times in the past from you guys I hope to do a refinish on a hollow body soon. You know i'll have a lot of questions.You've helped me with p/u's to setups

4. rirakuma

rirakuma Tele-Meister

PMd! :D

5. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    You are correct sir.

Rhyolite and granite start out as the same type of high-silica (felsic) magma.

Rhyolite cools at or near the surface and is generally a fine-grained extrusive (volcanic) rock.

Granite cools deep in our planet. It cools slowly which produces large crystals. It is an intrusive (plutonic) rock.

Pretty much the same stuff though.

6. ievans

ievans Tele-Meister

As the son of a geologist, I approve of Buckocaster's distinction.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.