3 Dog Night!

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
At their prime I was a truly misguided rocker. Put them in the same park as bubble gum. But it was because of their relentless top 40 hits. Then I started to notice Allsup the guitarist. He played through a Leslie too. But at some point I hear live at the Forum. THe Band cooks and the vocals are perfect R & B toned. They were underrated as a band and as vocalists!

knopflerfan

Friend of Leo's
Mama Told Me Not To Come - kinda weird when it first came out. Strung out hippie vibe. Still stop and listen to it whenever it might be playing on terrestrial radio.

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
I have always liked them too. I particularly love their version of “Murder in My Heart for the Judge,” which I think was a Moby Grape song (??), as well as many others. I used to have an LP of Harmony, as well as a greatest hits cassette and a live cassette with a great versions of “Try a Little Tenderness” and “Eli’s Coming.” My introduction to them as well as CCR came via The Big Chill soundtrack cassette I appropriated from my mom when I was like 9 or 10. I played that cassette clear off the reels in my Panasonic boom box. I also love 3DN’s happy songs like “Shambala” and of course “Joy to the World,” which became nearly ubiquitous after The Big Chill came out in the early ‘80s.