3 dirtboxes from your arsenal that give a good, solid, strong sound

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks, I think. Enroute
I look forward to your review. I don’t much use it with my Tele. I love it with humbuckers and a treble booster in front of it. I run that into my crystal clear VOX Night Train G2 clean channel. One of the sweetest distortion tones I’ve ever played with.

wraub

TDPRI Member
Tone City Flexo Drive, Tone City Model M, MXR Distortion +

bobbythegoose

TDPRI Member
Full Drive III (mostly use the boost side for some 3D clarity)
Keeley Super Phat Mod (always on)
Plumes (to stack for higher gain)

Have Tele going into a Blues Junior IV with Can Rex.

Last edited:

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I look forward to your review. I don’t much use it with my Tele. I love it with humbuckers and a treble booster in front of it. I run that into my crystal clear VOX Night Train G2 clean channel. One of the sweetest distortion tones I’ve ever played with.
Just took delivery of it. It sounds AMAZING... then again I love most every dirt i plug into

Do you have the two-knob version? It seems the larger knob on that one is actually just a vol knob.
and this has got to be about the loudest fuzz I've ever played, when both knobs are dimed.

I know it's an EQD Acapulco Gold clone, which is based on replicating a cranked vintage Model T Sunn

Vibro Chimp

TDPRI Member
Man, threads like this are dangerous for my bank account. Just ordered a TC Spark Booster based on a couple mentions here. Couldn’t pass it up for $70.
As for pedals I already own, I like the DLS and the Rat.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
Just took delivery of it. It sounds AMAZING... then again I love most every dirt i plug into

Do you have the two-knob version? It seems the larger knob on that one is actually just a vol knob.
and this has got to be about the loudest fuzz I've ever played, when both knobs are dimed.

I know it's an EQD Acapulco Gold clone, which is based on replicating a cranked vintage Model T Sunn
It’s got personality, for sure. A very musical pedal with a TON of bottom end. Yeah, the big dial is volume, which I find quite necessary to maintain unity volume. Like you said, it’s a loud sucker, I’m at unity with the volume at around 28/100. It’s a huge improvement over the original. And the case design is beyond cool. Enjoy!

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member