1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2ndary Voltage specs on A-0051463000 Power Transformer wanted

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gunsu69, Jan 27, 2021.

1. gunsu69

gunsu69 NEW MEMBER!

HI All,

I've a Peavey Stereo 60/60 which has had its stock power tranny replaced with what seems to be a bit of a rare Sunn T50 PT. Number on my unit is A-0051463000. I'm wanting to find out what the secondary voltages are. I've measured but not sure whether the are right as they differ from the stock PT. Its one of these:

https://reverb.com/item/1675743-genuine ... 0051463000

Used in Fender / Sunn amps.

I ask because the Peavey has had the power supply section of its PCB modified and I suspect this is to cater for different voltages .

Any clues where I can get the winding voltage specs for this?

Cheers [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

You have the PT there. The secondary voltages are there waiting to be [email protected] If you do not do this kind of work, you will have to pay a tech. Or...the schematic for the Sunn 50T is available at Fender Support. The B+ is 470vdc. One could make an estimate of what the secondary AC voltages are. My guess is that the unloaded secondary 350-0-350VAC or somewhere in that area...maybe a bit less??? That is just a guess.

3. Wally

Oh....and Welcome to the forum.

4. gunsu69

gunsu69 NEW MEMBER!

Cheers Wally,

Yep I did measure them and am getting 355-0-355 (am in Oz with 240v). What is interesting is that while I cant locate and original stock transformer p/n 70518705, I see a replacement at TAD stating the 2ndaries are 195-0-195. Mains transf. for Peavey VTM120,120W,230V (tubeampdoctor.com) Of course they may have it wrong :).

Its working at any rate so possibly will let sleeping dogs lie. I had wanted to "undo" the tinkering as its not pretty. Peavey schematic is here if you're able to estimate? I'd be obliged.

Its a beast of a thing!

Cheers

Attached Files:

5. Wally

I suppose I would be making a voltage chart of the circuit. If those voltages are good, one might assume that the person who did the work knew what they were doing despite the sloppiness.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.