2nd NGD in a week - It’s for my son.

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by BALIstic, Feb 16, 2018.

1. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

I’m picking up a CS 63 Journeyman 3TSB Bound Custom (light relic) for my son tomorrow and he asked for the guy’s to fit a black three ply guard.....Ughhh, where did I go wrong.......

I can’t post pics so here’s the link for your enjoyment. Also a vid of some dude auditioning a Sonic Blue version of the same guitar, same spec’s but no body binding. Proper NGD to follow, stay tuned.

https://therockinn.com/collections/...an-relic-telecaster-custom-chocolate-sunburst

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    uriah1 and Gabe like this.
  2. radchad074

radchad074 TDPRI Member

wow, rad dad! What a sick present, I bet he is super stoked. I sort of like the white pick on the one you picked up. That sonic blue is really awesome, my local shop has a similar sonic blue and every time I go in I stare at it for bit.

BALIstic likes this.
  3. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Oh he’s paying me back for this one. Daddy’s already gifted him a PRS 513, Flaxwood Aija, Gibson LP Custom, Parker P44PRO, 1976 Strat, a couple of nice amp’’s (lil Marshall Slash Sig and H&K Tubemeister 18) and more boutique pedals than you could poke a stick at. And he’s currently got my new week old today Masterbuilt 52’ Dale Wilson Tele and my Bad Cat Cub II amp atm.

He has access to my 63’ Strat, CS 65 & 69 Strats, Gretsch Centre Block Wht Falcon, Flaxwood Leikki, PRS Artist Pack 513 & Paul’s Guitars, Telebration Cabronita, Shiflett Tele, Jim Root Tele, Troy Van Leeuwen Yamaha SA503 Semi and a few others that other friends have on loan.

I only let him play my PRS’s and Gretsch at home now though cause he’s dinged a few of my guitars playing out.

He’s doing an commercial electrical apprenticeship & I’ve made him promise me no more gear other than picks and strings until he has his trade certificate in 3 1/2 years time. Then I reckon he should buy me my next guitar, that sounds fair.

He’s one very fortunate 18 yo me thinks.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Holic

Good gravy! When I turned 18 my dad got me a 3rd job in manual labor! Haha.

Good for him pursuing that apprenticeship. And agree it seems fair that he springs for your next git. Make it count!

We’ll need pics of this guitar with the black guard tho. At the moment, I can’t picture it any other way. That guitar is simply stunning!

Reminds me of this one...
    [​IMG]

5. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Can you adopt me and buy me a new guitar?

6. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Well, here”s my boy with his new toy. Ive well and truly had enough guitar for today !

I wonder if he’s going to add a FCS Tatt to go with his PRS Birds......

IMG_2126.JPG

golfnut, Stubee and lewis like this.
  7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Very kind of you!

BALIstic likes this.
  8. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Strangely, your not the first person to have asked that question.

Mr LUMBERGH from Strat Talk is relocating from Cali to Perth so he can play with my guitar collection. He says it’s for work but I know he’s jealous of more than a few of my geet’s & amps.

burntfrijoles likes this.
  9. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Seriously, that's a generous gift.
    I am fortunate that have my own collection of Custom Shop models. The only other custom shop model I would consider is a double bound Custom Tele with a neck humbucker. I don't think I'll ever act on acquiring one but the thought continues to tempt me.

uriah1 likes this.
  10. 60customtele

60customtele TDPRI Member

Awesome guitar, I hope your son gets many years of enjoyment from it. The Rock Inn is an awesome guitar store as well!

BALIstic likes this.
  11. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

JUST DO IT

burntfrijoles likes this.
  12. PelhamSG

PelhamSG Tele-Meister

Very kind of you! Im 19 with 7 guitars ranging from Rickenbacker to Gibson to Fender... all paid with my own money. I would love for someone to buy me guitars, but it feels good to buy them yourself. You have a lucky boy!

13. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

Nice guitar. I'm sure he's going to enjoy that.

BALIstic likes this.
  14. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

He is......and not at all keen to hand it back over to Daddy ?

I must admit I’d definitely prefer his neck on my ‘52. Not with the rosewood fb though (I’m definitely a RW guy but on a 52 it’d just be wrong !) but generally its more comfortable and closer in shape and dimensions to the necks on most of our other guitars. The MB ‘52 is humongous. I’m sure I’ll get used to it though, It’s the only guitar I’ve picked up since buying it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.