25 euros gave me a new piggy I can add to my sty.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Blazer, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well last week I walked into a thrift store when I spotted one of THESE.
    [​IMG]
    Which was priced at 25 Euros and I went, that HAS to be a mistake, C.Giant guitars aren't expensive but they sure couldn't be THAT cheap. So I went in, asked about the price and they told me "You can read the tag, can't you?"

I took it home, plugged it in and it worked, only the neck pickup had no sound but hey you can't fault a 25 Euro guitar for something like that, can you? It's all okay figuring that I was going to take it apart and use the parts to create something else.
    Rote Sau.JPG
    This is my band "Rote Sau" (German for Red Pig) I'm the one holding the pink Washburn with the message. We are a punk band who also dabble in rockabilly.
    Pigs.jpg
    These are my themed guitars, the one on the left says "Swine life" on the back.

But because we also do some rockabilly songs, I decided that I should add a more traditional strat style to my arsenal, or should I say, my sty.

So I decided to put my 25 Euro monster back together but not before giving it a make over.
    pig3.jpg
    As you can see, I still need to put the output back on, I also will put in a Dimarzio FS-1 in the bridge position to give this pig some grunt, I strung it up to see if the neck needs any work to make it playable but so far there's no issue, it plays just fine.

pig4.jpg The paintjob isn't very neat, I just rattle canned it on, I bought this shade of blue because had exactly this in mind, I love the juxtaposition of the words "Red Pig" on a blue guitar. When my mother saw the guitar, she said "Awww, what a cute little piggy you drew but shouldn't you have painted that guitar red if your band is called Red Pig?"

2. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

Nice score!! Congratulations

3. Macrogats

Macrogats Friend of Leo's

Score dude! I’ve seen your pink gats before - love em both!

Rock on!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.