.22 Rimfire Rifle Fans? (Pics)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stubee, May 20, 2011.

1. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Like to shoot & got back into .22LR last summer & been enjoying it. Today wrung out a new CZ 453 Varmint (single-set trigger) and ran through 250 rounds at the range. Photos show: CZ 453, best CZ group today (sub-MOA, I'm happy for 1st outing; lower group = me messing around), my 541S & my '46 BRNO Model 1 Trainer last winter. The latter deserves & will get better glass when I have $ to do so. All are very accurate when I do my part. Bought the 541S in 1980 & just sorted it last year to let it do what it's capable of though it needs bigger glass to really be consistent (MOA or better) at 50 yds. +.

The CZ has a Nikon Buckmasters 6X18X40 Side Focus that is remarkable glass for any shooting from 50 yds. on out. The single-set trigger is a wonder. It is great to finally put time into something I started 45 years ago and let lapse!

Attached Files:

2. BB123

BB123 Tele-Meister

Oooh, nice CZ. I used to have one like that. I have a built-from parts Ruger 10/22 that's pretty good, though I haven't been out target shooting in forever...got burned out now i'm enjoying learning guitar :rolleyes:
    I might have some old target pics on my photobucket, if so i'll edit and put em in.
    Edit: Found one. (Not the greatest quality, but I think that's a dime...) Can't remember if that was at 25 or 50 yards, probably 25...
    [​IMG]

3. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Nice thread!

Currently, I've got a Remington Viper 522 w/ factory synthetic stock. More of my time is spent with larger calibers.

4. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

i got a CZ last fall, 452 American, i thought they had all been sold, and would have to by the 453, but found a new one at gun dealer. i think the 452 is discontinued. there great shooting 22,s :)

5. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

They are trying to w. the 455 but many fans of the old models (natch). Think the 453 is pretty much the 452 with the single-set trigger and, in the case of the Varmint, two barrel action set screws/453 v. one/452. Just heard 452/453s are now back-ordered like forever so I lucked out ordering this a week ago.

CZs are very rare around here so I ordered mine sight unseen = I'd take it & am happy with this puppy.

6. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My favorite 22s are a Remington Speedmaster BDL, and a Browing BA22 takedown.

7. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

My favorite was/is a Marlin 39a. A friend of mine has had it for a decade and a half. I'd go get it but I'm deathly afraid to see what kind of shape she has probably allowed it to fall into... :(

Amoung the fun examples of it's accuracy; A friend of mine (with his granddaddy's bolt action) and me (with the 39a) used to call single reeds of dog fennel across a pond and cut them in two... with open sights!

I bet my eyes wouldn't support that kind of stuff now... :lol:

At the price of these now, I really need to retrieve that rifle...

8. TeleTim911

TeleTim911 Friend of Leo's

I have several .22's. I love them all. You don't have to worry about your ears being blown out, the recoil is very small, most I have encountered are pretty accurate, and practice shooting is pretty inexpensive. How can you lose when you can spend about $10 on a box of ammo, and sit for an afternoon target shooting?

Good looking rifle there too. That's a pretty nice grouping you got going too, good job!!

9. Minoan

Minoan Tele-Meister

My rimfires. BRNO Model 1 and CZ 452 .22 Magnum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. banjohabit

banjohabit Tele-Holic

1950's model 69a winchester bolt-action. scope mounted, and with cci viper ammo, a garanteed ruin-your-day for vermin within 150 yds. or so. maybe further with someone who can really shoot.

11. 1962guitargeek

1962guitargeek Friend of Leo's

I shot competion in H.S. in the late '70's, we had some old govt. bull barrel .22's...lots of fun!

I have a 10/22 and a Ruger MKII pistol....22's are always handy and just plain fun to shoot.

12. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Plinking! Great fun. Great skill builder.

Couple of good old Ruger 10/22's.....

[​IMG]

Ruger Single Six with the 22 vs 22 Mag cylinder and a Browning Micro Buck Mark.....

[​IMG]

My favorite plinker......

[​IMG]

The 10/22 with the checkered stock was my dad's. Dad has been gone for three years now. That's a special one.

13. Retropicker

Retropicker Tele-Meister

I have a old Anshutz target rifle with peep sights. I need to pull it out.

14. Travst

Travst Tele-Holic

Same here, I have a small scope on it. It's great for the kids. I'm looking for a heavier .22 for me. That CZ looks pretty tasty, I really like their pistols.

For pistols, I have an old H&R Sportsman with the top-break and that's my favorite, along with a Hi-Standard Army trainer. Bloody loud, that one.

15. camatillo

camatillo Tele-Meister

Jesus, I miss plinking old beer cans! Where I live if I walked out of my house with a 22 rim-fire the police would arrive before I hit the last step on my front porch. Didn't used to be that way here. Now guns just mean crazy man alert goes up.

16. Bryan

Bryan Tele-Holic

I have a 1949 Remington Scoremaster. I'll try to take a pic at some point and post it, .22's are fun and cheap to shoot

17. onlybrowning

onlybrowning Tele-Meister

I shot NRA 4 position smallbore for a few years. Had to sell my Walther GX1 to get through college. Man I miss it. Shot with a 24X score at 50 feet. Your heartbeat would knock you completely off of the target. Awesome stuff!

18. justatwanging

justatwanging Banned

22WMR is one of my favorite cartridges in a rifle.
    My rig is a Savage 93 FVSS with Nikon ProStaff 3x9x40.

I also like to shoot the 308 rifles but it cost a dollar bill every time I pull the trigger.
    22LR AND 22WMR are fun to shoot and do not break the wallet.

19. KeefRiffhard

KeefRiffhard Tele-Meister

I've never owned a .22 but wouldn't mind getting one. My only concern is wether they have enough firepower to take down a zombie. Assuming it was a well placed shot, do you think they have enough stopping power for the undead?

20. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Not that big on bolt action myself.
    Remington Fieldmaster 572 is my favorite.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.