21 Strange and Ingenious Uses for WD40

otterhound

Poster Extraordinaire
#16 works great when removing wasp nests from the open ends of pipe like that on a Cantilever/slide gate . First you give them a good dousing to hinder flight and then you give them fire . Of course , they try to escape which causes them to crawl with their coated bodies through the flames . It is a glorious sight .

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
Using a long-handled lighter, WD40 customers have reported that it makes a dandy mini-flame thrower. I just tried this repeatedly, and all it did was extinguish the lighter. But, as Marilyn Monroe once said, maybe I’m doing it wrong.

My 10-year old self can attest that this absolutely works. Maybe you just need to be shooting it at green plastic army men?

popthree

Poster Extraordinaire
i have a tiny, ancient bottle/tube of wd40. i found it in one of those little garage parts organizers that i got from an estate. never been opened. i'd never seen wd40 that wasn't in a spray can before that.

there was a guy who used to come in my dads archery shop years ago, who claimed that wd40 had healed his arthritis. he said he sprayed it on all his achy joints every day.

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
It always did a good job cleaning the spark plug wires on my street rod
It will also displace moisture if your ignition system gets wet

Last edited:

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
It seems to me that I used it to clean a plexiglass shield at work ,it did a nice job too . But some who watched me decided to try it himself. Problem was he didn’t realize that I was using WD-40 and tried to clean the plexiglass with brake clean, it didn’t work out so well .

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
#4.
What kind of life are you living if this is practical advice?
Oh it's great when I misspelled the name of the turtle, so I don't have to wash the whole turtle in a tub.
just spray and clean a little, then write the proper name. very useful ;):lol:

W.L.Weller

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Oh it's great when I misspelled the name of the turtle, so I don't have to wash the whole turtle in a tub.
just spray and clean a little, then write the proper name. very useful ;):lol:

Wash your hands either way, I don't think WD-40 kills salmonella bacteria.

Mike SS

Poster Extraordinaire
It always did a good job cleaning the spark plug wires on my street rod
It will also displace moisture if your ignition system gets wet

This is the very reason WD40 was developed. The name stands for "Water Displacement - recipe 40". It's other uses came with experimentation by consumers.

I just read the article tagged at the top of the page, and it states this very fact. Guess I didn't need to weigh in.:rolleyes:

Last edited: