2022 Name That Place Thread

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
Not Hogwarts but still a magical place for a much younger me.

1656162371713.jpeg

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
What have the Romans ever did for us?

I know it's not the Romans this time but those Andalusians know how to span a gorge.
I love the bridge at Ronda which is similar but older. Though I'll never drive the road to Ronda ever again! Very Scary in the dark!!!
Good enough! - it is Andalusia, as you say...
- namely the Puente de Aguila near Nerja. Recently restored to its 1890's glory, this was an aqueduct that supplied water to a nearby sugar factory. You can get this fantastic view from the new road bridge to the south...

and yes, I have heard a lot of praise from my brother, sister-in-law and my two nieces who have all visited Ronda,
sadly I myself have not had that pleasure yet...

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
Good enough! - it is Andalusia, as you say...
- namely the Puente de Aguila near Nerja. Recently restored to its 1890's glory, this was an aqueduct that supplied water to a nearby sugar factory. You can get this fantastic view from the new road bridge to the south...

and yes, I have heard a lot of praise from my brother, sister-in-law and my two nieces who have all visited Ronda,
sadly I myself have not had that pleasure yet...
Ronda is worth a place on any bucket list, as is just about anywhere in that region of Spain away from the "Watey's Red Barrel" mob.

Mijas is my favourite place in Andalusia, I was at an incredible Flamenco night there about a dozen years ago. Inspiring enough to nudge me towards nylon strung guitars.