2022 Name That Place Thread

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I have not taken this one, but i am curious if any of you can name that place.
1656101471034.png

BuckNekkid

Tele-Holic
No doubt one of the Greek isles. Mykonos or Delos maybe? But which one? Always wanted to go to those but those kind of trips aren't for blues musicians.

Santorini?? Never been there but I've seen my parents' photos...
Ding! Ding! DIng!

The town of Oia (pronounced "Ee-ah") on the northern tip of the island. One of the most photographed locales in the world.

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
not Italy..

this bridge was there, too....

more clues..

View attachment 997082

view from this bridge..to the other bridge...

View attachment 997083

a local..

View attachment 997084
OK - another wild guess.... I'm still reluctant to abandon Europe for the Middle East (as I have never been there).
There was a Moslem population in the old Yugoslavia before the bloody civil war. I visited Croatia in the 1980's and was impressed by the amazing scenery - but then again the old ladies in Greece also dressed like this in some of the more rural areas... am I getting warm?

EDIT - just noticed your latest clue... are we talking Africa - Tunisia?

Last edited:

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
We were in Italy and wanted to go to Morocco to surf... we put the Kombi on a ferry from Trapani, Sicily to Tunisia, then drove across nth africa to get to the Atlantic....as you do...;)

Algeria was along the way...

with mandatory Hawaiian shrit, of course... :)

View attachment 997531
Thanks, Trev - I was never going to get that one - awesome memories in those photos!
I ended up hitchiking from Istanbul to Milan in my final year at college in 1970 - didn't take any pictures!