2022 Guess What This Tool Does Thread

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
image.jpg

Trust me I’ve been called much worse than a strange tool… i’ve even answered to a few of them.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Unicycle thing-a-ma-jig
Actually I thought it was to take up
slack on jib lines on sail boat.

ale.istotle

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
You ain't going to be squaring mortice and tenons with a round tool. Besides, any skilled wood worker can make a mortice and tenon with just a tenon saw and a wood chisel :)
Are they round on bottom? They look flat to me. But, yes you are right about the saw and chisel.

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter

In hindsight, maybe not the best candidate for a thread like this but oh well. It's a "One Way Multi-Gauge," basically a tool to tune other tools. There's lots of other ways to do what it can do, some probably better, but it's convenient. From the manufacturer:

The Multi-Gauge's precisely machined 1-1/4" thick cast-iron frame serves as an accurate square for fence & blade set-up of jointers, planers, table & band saws, & other shop tools. Set roller heights & knife settings on your planer, set the saw blade height and dados on your table saw, check the in-feed & blade heights on your jointer, precisely measure the height of shaper and router bit settings, check saw blade run out, etc.

Good guesses all :)