2021 Winter Build Off - Thunderbird 5

2groggy

Tele-Meister
Slow finicky work, but one panel is completely glued. Tomorrow I will flatten and reinforce the inside surface before flipping and working on the face.
top.jpg

papa32203

Tele-Afflicted
Yes- the Thunderbirds are GO!!! I recall this as well!!! Puppets cheaper than actors...and whenever the “girl” wrote a letter, a human “hand model” would hold the letter...Lady Penelope...

"Puppets cheaper than actors"
A very common misconception. The puppeteers guiding and cajoling those puppets to perform in a way that was virtually indistinguishable from actual human actors, were the most skilled and highly paid entertainment professionals of their era. They were my muse. My inspiration. The reason that at 8 years-old I decided to become the ultimate puppeteer.

Unfortunately, after "Thunderbirds are GO!", film and television producers realized the extraordinary savings of using inferior, but lesser-paid actual human actors. The bottom dropped out of the puppet market, and I was left fending for a living doing kiddie birthdays, street corner "busking", and the occasional "Jerry Lewis Telethon" appearance- which did not actually pay as it was a charity event. My last good gig was headlining a show where Spinal Tap was my opening act....

And now, back to guitar building.

2groggy

Tele-Meister
"Puppets cheaper than actors"
A very common misconception. The puppeteers guiding and cajoling those puppets to perform in a way that was virtually indistinguishable from actual human actors, were the most skilled and highly paid entertainment professionals of their era. They were my muse. My inspiration. The reason that at 8 years-old I decided to become the ultimate puppeteer.

Unfortunately, after "Thunderbirds are GO!", film and television producers realized the extraordinary savings of using inferior, but lesser-paid actual human actors. The bottom dropped out of the puppet market, and I was left fending for a living doing kiddie birthdays, street corner "busking", and the occasional "Jerry Lewis Telethon" appearance- which did not actually pay as it was a charity event. My last good gig was headlining a show where Spinal Tap was my opening act....

And now, back to guitar building.
Marionettes were brought back for Team America - World Police... to my knowledge, the only puppet show that deserved and got an R rating because of the raunchy content.

I'll get back to guitar building tomorrow. Tonight, Happy New Year.

Scoops

Tele-Meister
Marionettes were brought back for Team America - World Police... to my knowledge, the only puppet show that deserved and got an R rating because of the raunchy content.

I'll get back to guitar building tomorrow. Tonight, Happy New Year.

One of the best scenes in Team America is when the hero had too much to drink and he started to puke....and puke.....and puke.....N+1