2021 NFL season!

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
Stats can be misleading...
There are stats that only speak about individuals and there are stats that speak to what actually prevails from a team's winning or losing. Did Tampa Bay fans care that they won a SB with Trent Dilfer? I don't think so.

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
There are stats that only speak about individuals and there are stats that speak to what actually prevails from a team's winning or losing. Did Tampa Bay fans care that they won a SB with Trent Dilfer? I don't think so.
Right, but there are much better QB's that never won a Super Bowl. So an indivdual stat can't account for the greatness of a player. I'm a David Carr apologist, and he has 8 straight seasons beginning his career throwing for over 3,000 yards, fourth QB ever to do that (Russell Wilson/Cam Newton and Peyton Manning). Even I find it hard to put Carr in the same category as two of of these three players. YMMV.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
surprise, surprise... they are playing today's game on TV today...

I'm lucky I don't really know/care who any of these guys are... I watch the football as a neutral observer,,;)

what happens on the field..now.. is what counts, not statistics...

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity

I'm lucky I don't really know/care who any of these guys are... I watch the football as a neutral observer,,;)

If the Rams win, they could be back playing in this, their home stadium, in the Super Bowl.

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
the flag?...

that's from the pre tv days when the goal umpire needed to signal the goal umpire at the other end and the far crowd what the scoring shot was worth, so their tallys compare at the end... one flag one point, 2 flags a 6 point goal kick,,

AFL , not really the game I watch..;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
No you're not supposed to lead with your helmet into the body either, you supposed to use your shoulder. I think that was just a very unfortunate circumstance that happened
That's what it looked like to me. Folks across the pond don't realize those guys are so strong, they can hurt someone who they aren't intending to hurt very easily. It looks like he was just trying to tackle the guy, but he was hauling buns, his helmet got into the hit. The helmets are so big, it's going to happen, nothing you can do about it.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The Cardinals looked really bad tonight, and the Rams looked really good. I guess that just happens sometimes. I really expected a better game.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I've been entertained this season. I have really enjoyed .he athleticism of the amazingly talented players. I I have a few favorites. I'm not saying best, better, betterest, I just like the way the play.
Robert James Gronkowski, nicknamed "Gronk", Travis Michael Kelce. come to mind.

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
I'd rather here the normal comments and opinions posted here than the idiocy spewed by the so-called "expert" analysts on tv. Why do those guys shout like maniac children when they have mikes? And why do they feel qualified to second-guess everything after a play has already been run? I, too, can predict everything that will happen in every play of every game all season as long as I don't have to state it until afterwards.

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
… Why do those guys shout like maniac children when they have mikes?
They are trying to establish their “brand.” You know like some baseball announcers have their signature home run call. I agree that it is annoying and even embarrassing to hear.

As far as the head traumas in football go it has always puzzled me as to why they slap each other’s helmets and/or head butt each other during celebrations. ANY blow to head isn’t good and you can see some of the guys wince when someone slaps them upside the head when they weren’t expecting it. On the other hand they seemed to have stopped much of the celebratory butt slapping. Maybe because they don’t wear hip pads anymore and don’t want to cause each other butt trauma?