2021 NFL season!

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
So I'm wondering: How do the Bills really stack up? What's your gut on how far they'll go? The most recent stomping of the Patriots was fun, but might be misleading, so prognosticate away, please!
The Bills owned Patriots - The Patriots were not that good - and lucky to get to the playoffs. Bills might go deep - but you never know.

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Jimmy G is more hype than legitimate, I don't think he will be with the 49rs next year. SF won, but Dallas should have never even been in that game.
Dallas screw up as bad as you can when they ran out of time - Jimmy Gruffalo is an above average QB - but he made some rookie mistakes in the win - I believe he'll be with SF next year - he's at home.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
:lol: Touche' ! Not so sure about that, but the Hawks were certainly equally as bad!
I'd be reluctant to bring up the Seahawks as a Californian though: o_O :lol:2021

well, the niners are still playing and Pete and Russell are in marriage counseling... not like bill and melinda and the whole epstein connection, but who knows?

I guess what matters is how long you get to play, right?

scrapyardblue

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The NFL exists for the referees. The players are there so the officials can justify getting paid and to get their faces on TV. The game itself is disappearing.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Dallas screw up as bad as you can when they ran out of time - Jimmy Gruffalo is an above average QB - but he made some rookie mistakes in the win - I believe he'll be with SF next year - he's at home.

Jimmy is brutal. The niners have to beat their opponent and contend with jimmy making mistakes. He 100% will be gone next year... niners fans cannot wait to be done with him. nice guy, just the 16th best qb in the nfl.

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
My Eagles were exposed. Yeah, I expected them to lose. But I didn't expect them to do it in such an embarrassing fashion. My brother-in-law (life-long Bills fan) called in the 2nd quarter and asked in an obnoxiously cheery voice, "Dude, how did your team even make it to the playoffs? They're pitiful." Man, I wish the Pats had beaten the Bills.

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Cincinnati weighing in: We are still pinching ourselves in Cincinnati. It's turning into quite a story I checked out of football about 10 years ago, but I have a friend whose family has a 50 year history of season tickets. He takes a huge banner to the stadium every home game. He has woven himself deep into the fabric of Bengal football. I am truly happy for him. It is looks like it could be good for awhile. Who Dey!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
This game is getting dumb. Probably not how Big Ben wanted to go out. His last drive was really good. But the Chiefs, c'mon. Dang! Another TD. Good for KC fans.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
My Steelers aren't fairing very well so now my allegence falls to Green Bay. I'm envious that their fans can actually own stock in the team. Very cool and wise.

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
A very mild Bills' fan here. (Grew up there; promised my late, football-obsessed dad that I'd watch at least one game per year in his honor; used to cut O.J.'s lawn--the usual Rustbelt creds.)

I've actually been enjoying quite a few Bills' games this year. Okay, the 20-min or so highlight reels on NFL Highlights.com, or whatever it is. I've been really impressed by the Bills' quarterback, how their little running backs can thread the needle and don't quit when 600 lbs. of linebacker are on their backs, their receivers' sticky hands, etc. But I'm far from a good judge of a team's real talents and prospects, as baseball is the sport that obsesses me.

So I'm wondering: How do the Bills really stack up? What's your gut on how far they'll go? The most recent stomping of the Patriots was fun, but might be misleading, so prognosticate away, please!

(By the way, O.J. was very nice to me, but also had, I thought, an odd, deep, potentially explosive anxiety, even then, during his heyday.)
the bills are really good...top 5 afc team...made it to the championship game this year...as that goes...not getting to the super bowl this year is considered a bust

they have a team thats a thorn in their side and thats the titans...i hope the titans get beat next week...they play the bengals...looks like the bills will play kc...kc beat them in the championship game last year

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
lest we forget, the cowboys were favored.
And have a very talented roster, with a (supposedly) franchise quarterback. And playing at home.

As for Jimmy G, I don't think he's brutal, I think he's an average + quarterback. Do you think the 9ers will be better off with Trey Lance? I personally don't, but I guess time will tell. I think there will be teams interested in Garappolo for sure. Denver? Miami?

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
And have a very talented roster, with a (supposedly) franchise quarterback. And playing at home.

As for Jimmy G, I don't think he's brutal, I think he's an average + quarterback. Do you think the 9ers will be better off with Trey Lance? I personally don't, but I guess time will tell. I think there will be teams interested in Garappolo for sure. Denver? Miami?
Jimmy is the 16th best qb in the NFL. He makes tragic mistakes EVERY game. Not gonna dog him beyond that. He makes what would be an awesome team, a tic better than average.

If it had been most SF fans choice, the team would have stayed with Lance after the Arizona game. By now, he'd be growing into the role, similar to Josh Allen taking over for Tyrod.

So, most SF fans do think we'd be better off with Lance. BUT, we also accept that the coach is invested in his system to the degree that he'd rather have JG who knows the whole system but will always throw high in pressure situations than Lance who cannot run the whole playbook yet.

The kid is super fast, smart, has a cannon and in a year or two, will be a beast (unless he does not progress, right?)

Glad the niners won. On to the frozen tundra!

great to see you E.