2020 US Broadcasters For All

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Masterbuilt, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Stardog75

Stardog75 Tele-Meister

Yeah good point.that radius sounds like model A territory for sure.i do like the idea of owning a guitar that might become valuable for my nephew but for now I want it to be useful.and that professional is cool.it definitely needs a good set up but I love the feel. Thanks for responding brother.

2. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

These guitars will never be worth much if any more than a regular 52. They're like a chimera, an enigma wrapped in a mystery and likely to be rated as repros - but most people may find them too limited stock to be other than a curio or amusing diversion.

To many people, it's all they'd ever need or want

To get a factory built Leo-era replica of course is some people's dream.

If you keep it unused in its case it might be worth something 20 years from now. Maybe not.

3. Masmus

Masmus Tele-Meister

It's cool they are doing a Broadcaster, but it would be so much better if they made it like real Broadcasters. The router hump, lip and uneven string ferrule spacing among many other details they are omitting.

tamer_of_banthas and verbroman like this.
  4. Stardog75

Stardog75 Tele-Meister

That sounds about right.
    Yeah I definitely wont be doing that I'm thinking that the professional was a perfect choice for me.quality and useful.i dont use my whammy bar alot on my strat but I do live the look of a bigsby on a telecaster.the b5 says it can be installed without mod it or drilling into it.but it states on vintage bridge so that's rules out the professional? Is there a bigsby for the american professional without drilling it.i went to the site and it just says telecasters

5. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Do I need one? No.
    Do I want one? Hell yes!

I took contact with my dealer, in the next few days I will know the price and place the order.

Congratulations to @rze99 !

RYAN1987M, Greggorios and NewKid like this.
  6. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

thanks @mimmo

Exactly. It's nuts... I'm nuts, but I don't care. I need a new car but I spend all my car savings on guitars and it feels good.

I'll do an NGD with pics.

7. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Looking forward to your thread, sir!
    From my side I can't literally wait to know their best price and push the damn button. This guitar is simply amazing!

rze99 likes this.
  8. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Looks like these have no truss rod either.

9. rze99

What makes you think that?

10. hdvades

Go to Fender's website. The Broadcaster specs don't have any mention of truss rod adjustment. For example...both AO series do on their spec list.

11. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Friend of Leo's

My 67 yo Höfner changed my mind about guitars without a truss rod. No truss rod? If the neck is BIG, it’s not an issue … would not be a deal-breaker if I was in the market for one.

12. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

I could go without all that if they just did the finish right. From what I can gather by the pics this is another one with an overly thick caked on neck finish and the body is 90% chance lacquer liberally applied over a big poly base coat.

Yuck.

13. Mudman32

Mudman32 Tele-Meister

Neck has the skunk stripe. Definitely has a truss rod of some sort. My 1941 Gretsch has a non adjustable steel truss rod. Works fine.

rze99 and hdvades like this.
  14. hdvades

I think I was wrong about not having a truss rod. They don't show anything in the specs but in the overview they do mention a truss rod. Oh well...it would have been cool if they didn't.

rze99 likes this.
  15. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I looked at the CS version... do not want. For some reason, Fender's idea of an aged fretboard = filthy. The disgusting brown crud they swab them down with is an instant deal breaker for me.

16. rze99

Thanks for the update, you are correct it has a truss rod. Why would it not?

Fender.com:

In the fall of 1950, the world of guitar and popular music changed forever with the introduction of the Broadcaster®, Fender’s first solid body electric guitar with a truss rod and two pickups. A few short months later, a telegram from Gretsch®, owner of the BroadKaster® trademark, ended Fender’s use of the name. For a short time, the word "Broadcaster" was simply clipped off the headstock decal - these guitars are known as "Nocaster®s." Thereafter, this revolutionary guitar was dubbed the Telecaster®. Original Broadcaster models, of which only 250 are thought to have been produced, have become highly collectible.

17. rze99

They are also doing NOS Closet classic types too - you can get one of these Broadcaster in any degree of aging

18. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Exactly. 11 simple words that explains literally 10's of thousands of posts on this forum. Thanks @mimmo!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    scrimmer and mimmo like this.
  19. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

You're welcome sir :)

rze99 likes this.
  20. rob2

rob2 Tele-Holic

...this is my tragedy as well.....though I'm going to hold off just in case a Vintera Esquire pops up over the year,they are entitled to an anniversary too!

mimmo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.