2020 US Broadcasters For All

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Masterbuilt, Jan 16, 2020.

1. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I'm seriously thinking about getting one too. The price isn't bad and I do prefer 7.25", Custom Shop hand wound pickups...might even install blend circuit. But a hard V is my favorite neck shape.

2. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

"The nitrocellulose lacquer finish ... lets the body breathe with its true tonal character"

LOL

Kostop, horax, DHart and 4 others like this.
  3. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

7.25, check. Now, was an original, genuine, vintage Broadcaster neck scientifically measured with exacting standards, and computer modeled into the actual design of these remakes? Or what?

The neck is the thing!

rze99 likes this.
  4. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

Am I the only one that couldn't care less about neck shape & size, as long as it ain't a baseball bat? And...where is the CS logo on the back of the headstock?

5. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

BTW, I used to own one of those 250 original Broadcasters, back in the early 70s. I swapped it straight for a batwing white SG Custom. Been kicking myself in the butt mentally for almost a half century.

Clifton C, horax, rob2 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Stardog75

Stardog75 Tele-Meister

Damn I just bought an AP for 1300 and have 45 days to return it.im trying to decide if I should do this

7. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

No Richard, I'm talking about a lefty one. You don't have that problem. So it's easy for you.

rze99 likes this.
  8. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

No. At this stage where you are on your journey it'd confuse you. No more than you'd pick a Model A Ford as your first car.

9. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire

It's a cool guitar, indeed!

But it doesn't bring me anything, personally, that I don't already fully enjoy with a variety of carefully conceived, and personally-assembled Fender-brand parts casters.

10. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire

Rob can hand-wind pickups, to your specification, that will sound every bit as sweet, or sweeter. For modest money.

I will say that after watching Anderton's sweep through Fender guitars at NAMM 2020, Fender is absolutely KILLING IT with their amazing range of guitars, Masterbuilts, new colors, the Parallel Universe models, etc. Simply AWESOME guitars!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    stratlt and rze99 like this.
  11. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Which one? No. 1, or No 250? Because I guarantee you being hand belt sanded no two were the same. How close to Tadeo's smoke break was it?

That's the definition of a Broadcaster. Way overwound pickups and half a baseball bat. Remember they originally had no trussrod.

It's not a CS instrument, they have their own version/s. It's a standard Fender model. How they handle labelling will be interesting.

rze99 likes this.
  12. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Of course.

13. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Afflicted

Meh...I prefer my modified Elite. No S1. CS Twisted Tele pickups. My next guitar purchase will be a Friedman or an Xotic. Now those guitars are absolutely mouthwatering.

14. rze99

Here's Reverb's new video. it covers all the 70th anniversary Broadcasters great pron shots.

15. rze99

Cool that at NAMM they had the original cease and desist Gretsch Telegram on display in the curated room.

I hadn't appreciated that they have a Custom shop Masterbuilt version (only 70) but with the builds distributed amongst all the master builders so they are all different. That's going to create some internal competition and there will be some real gems amongst that cohort I'll bet.

16. tamer_of_banthas

tamer_of_banthas Tele-Holic

i'm interested. i would be more interested if FMIC offered some additional finish options. yes, i know it would not be vintage correct.

17. rze99

Yep. I’ve also built many wish list guitars and I almost 100 percent agree with you.

But I want a Fender Broadcaster made in the USA by Fender.

I’ve already built my own tribute version of it, which I love.

But this is not a logical thing it’s an emotional thing. Sometimes you want something enough that overrides your usual logic and intellectual position.

Crobbins, rob2, DHart and 2 others like this.
  18. kurtmanifest1

kurtmanifest1 Tele-Meister

Those frets look big.....

19. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Afflicted

Please forgive my ignorance on this matter as I’m pretty new to telecasters and their history. My question is regarding the original “Broadcasters”. What is the difference between those first 250 and number 251 which I assume is the first “Nocaster”?

20. rze99

I'll go one further, that's the very best BSB shade. For my eyes, it's perfection.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.