1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2020 Rock roll hall of fame - Induction nominees

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Repressed sexuality, bad relationships, drug abuse, world tours...I think Whitney was rock'n'roll!

This thread is probably the most I'll ever have to do with the RRHoF but surely not having Motorhead in there is like not having Cheddar in the cheese hall of fame.

2. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

rjtwangs likes this.
  3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I liked Sam the sham and the Pharohs .
    One of my first albums along with Mitch Ryder.

rjtwangs likes this.
  4. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

I've gone to shows where the artist has been on the road so long they don't know what city they're in. Played Philly last night, we're in Calgary tonight. Frontman hits the stage (in Calgary) and yells,

"Hello, Philadelphia!"

https://www.studiobell.ca/

Last time I checked significant artifacts from the NMC's collection were in a warehouse in Philly.

5. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Plus, the fact that she's no longer here.......

The Doobies get my vote! And, yes, the RRHOF is a complete joke!

tamer_of_banthas likes this.
  6. tamer_of_banthas

tamer_of_banthas Tele-Holic

Thin Lizzy and Motorhead absolutely deserve to be in. Eric Bell, Thin Lizzy's first guitar player from the debut LP, should get an honourable mention at some point, if there are speeches to be given.

Dave Matthews might be a really swell guy, but i am struggling to come up with any good reasons as to why he should be in the R&R HOF.

if i had my druthers, i would set at least two rules: no acoustic guitars, and no drum machines (referring only to HOF criteria).

i guess i need to fire my secretary because she never shows up for work, and when she does, it seems all of my missed calls from the offices of Rolling Stone go unreported.

uriah1 likes this.
  7. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

If I had my druthers it would be The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of May Be Famous, Someday.

Forget all the silly criteria and nominations. It plays like a bad combination of a beauty pageant and reality TV.

For example they have a couple beat up guitars in the lobby, no strings, missing hardware. There was an Epiphone and an Ibanez last time I was there although they may have been pounded into splinters by now. In other words, a "Les Paul", a (sorta) "Strat" and a "V".

The idea is you get your picture taken with one of their beat up guitars in your hands.

Hey, Fender Custom Shop! Here is an opportunity to achieve authentic relics. Just send a dozen American Vintage Reissues to the RRHoF and let the public relic 'em.

:D :D :D

Coolest part was they had the old awning from CBGB on display in the lobby when I was there. Made me feel right at home.

The über dumb part:

It's more like a rock 'n' roll mausoleum than a hall of fame. It's a celebration of r 'n' r 's past with minimal consideration of its future. I believe it's there to squeeze every bit of dough that can be squeezed out of the Already Famous and often the Already Deceased.

I'd like to see a readily accessible backline, instruments, drums, keyboards and P.A.. If I had anything to do with it and if I were in Cleveland you bet your backside I would have something to do with it... I'd set up a room where the general public had relatively unrestricted access to donated instruments, amps and recording gear.

I'll betcha something cool would come together in such a room, perhaps several times a day.

Every fourth person through the door is a musician...

I think it should be more educational. Teach grammar school kids multitrack recording. Give them an overview of how a P.A. system and monitors work.

8. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Yes. Behind the image they’re the real deal as a rock band. They’re pretty cleaned up since their drug and booze punk club days.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.