1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2020 Nashville Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by frettchen, Mar 18, 2020.

1. frettchen

frettchen TDPRI Member

Hi all,
    I have put my eyes on a 2020 Nashville Telecaster in Daphne Blue; it's almost new: the current owner has bought it only 1 month ago (I have to ask him why he's selling it).
    As far as I noticed on this forum, people doesn't seem to talk good about this specific model, most of them because of the pickups (this one has the Noisless PUs). Some other have converted them into "standard" tele..
    I don't know the Nashville that much. Can any nashville tele owner tell me something more about these noisless pickups and any other detail on this guitar that can help me decide?
    Do you recommend it?
    Thanks in advance!

2. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

Noiseless ... 90% of those pickup swaps happen because the buyer doesn't think anything different than a 1950s design can be any good. They expect to hear bad tones and so they do.

If you get the guitar and decide you don't like it, spend several days adjusting pickup heights by ear (lower is often best), swap pots and caps, and only then swap pickups going back to the front of this sentence to cycle through those. If you think you need to swap "pickups" maybe you only need to swap one of the pickups.

The seller of the guitar may just need money for a project. He's got a line on several bales of TP...

New tele and stormsedge like this.
  3. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

^^^^I second the adjust your pickups and maybe some componenets. I've had mine for >8 yrs and adjusting the pickups made the biggest improvement. Just last week, I installed a 7way control plate to get the "Tele" bridge and neck selection. The Nashville is a versatile guitar and while I might eventually purchase another Telecaster and/or a Strat, there is really no need given the other guitars on my wall. Go for it.

4. ADK Teleman

ADK Teleman Tele-Afflicted

I have a 2011 Nashville Tele that I love. I have not and will not change anything on it.
    I did try the new version and found the pups to be lacking compared to the TexMex pups. Just my opinion.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've got four of the older style Nashville Deluxes.

When FMIC reinvented this model, they went from a bad bridge that can be replaced, to a decent bridge (that can be replaced) that's not to my liking. Every other change they made was, for me at least, Retrograde.

I don't want to dislike these new ones, but I do.

igor5 likes this.
  6. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Afflicted

They also changed the neck radius to 12", which some Tele players like, and others don't.

7. Vognell

Vognell Tele-Meister

The noiseless pickups take some getting used to...but once you do the ain't too bad. Another gripe people have is about not being able to select neck and bridge like a normal telecaster, but you can add a switch or a pull-pot that will give you that combination. You wind up with a guitar that gives you both strat and telecaster pickup combinations, which is both cool and versatile. You can even get all three pickups at once... but I'm not personally a big fan of it.

8. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

I have the same model, daphne blue Deluxe Nashville Telecaster. The only thing I have changed is the pickguard. I replaced the mint green pickguard with a parchment pickguard and I found an aged white cover for the middle Vintage Noiseless Strat pickup. I like the pickups. They really work in this guitar. They're not vintage-like or Bakersfield-like. They're fatter but still twang.

sequencepro and frettchen like this.
  9. frettchen

frettchen TDPRI Member

thanks to all. There are really conflicting opinions...

dlew919 likes this.
  10. 50hz

50hz TDPRI Member

I hadn't given them much thought due to the 12" board but I messed with one in a store a while back and was surprised by it. I'm not super picky about PUs but I found some useable sounds out of the neck position messing w the vol/tone controls. If it ticks a lot of boxes for you spec-wise I don't know why you wouldn't give it a shot.

11. Butch Snyder

The only opinion that should matter, in this case, is yours. Play it and let your own ears be the judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frettchen likes this.
  12. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Nice guitars, but when I had mine I couldn't get on with the middle pickup, or the noiseless, sounds ridiculous now, but it bugged me. So, rather than get rid of the pickups, I just sold it on and bought something more accommodating to my needs at the time.

13. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I tried to like the noiseless neck pickup. It just didn't happen. No matter how high or low it was.

The middle and bridge pickups weren't bad at all. Rather acceptable.

Instead of trying to match a neck pickup to the rest with the 1meg pots. I decided to go to true single coils, 250k pots and a push/pull to get the neck/bridge option.

Maybe I'm just one of those 50's pickups lover.:)

14. e23589

e23589 Tele-Meister

I like the older models, but the new ones not so much! It's not the pickups as much as the neck and the tall narrow frets! So I don't own one!

Butch Snyder likes this.
  15. Butch Snyder

I believe there were actually three generations of the Deluxe Nashville Telecaster. The first ran from 1997 - 2000ish, second ran 2000ish two 2016. The difference was the neck. The originals has a bigger, chunkier neck. Then they went to a Modern C-shape which was smaller and didn't feel as good to me. Of course, in 2016, we have the new Deluxe Nashville. To me, they are different guitars altogether. The only commonality is the three-pickup design and alder body.

e23589 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.