1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2020 Nashville Tele Deluxe

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleplayer99, May 1, 2021.

1. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

Would like info on Nashville tele deluxe to buy as a gift for my brother. Found one that weighs 8.5 lbs in sunburst at a great price so need to pull trigger.

Is the neck rolled on these. How is the fretwork. Heard pickups noisy with Hi Gain especially Bridge pickup.

Please share your experience with the new fender telecaster Nashville deluxe.

2. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

My experience is only with older ones, but perhaps by my name you can see that I liked them.

(I believe they are technically called Deluxe Nashville Telecaster. Or is there perhaps a new version of the name, applying perhaps to a new model? I don't get around much anymore . . . .)

3. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

I have. a 2012. About 2015? they changed the pickups, and maybe the bridge. I don't think anything else got changed.I recommend them...

4. dlew919

Also, the Nashville is nearly all of Leo's best ideas - the only idea missing is the Strat trem, but that’s incompatible with the Tele bridge

5. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

I have one from 1998, and the only major difference is the newer one has Vintage Noiseless Pickups. Lots of people like them and noise should not be an issue is the axe is anatomically correct.. Mine came with Tex-Mex Pickups, which I eventually replaced with Rio Grande Vintage Tallboys, with a Strat Tallboy in the middle. The original pickups were a bit midrangey and didn't bring enough "Tele"

dlew919 likes this.
  6. teleplayer99

I probably got the name wrong. They sure have a lot of features. Locking tuners and vintage noiseless pickups, 12" fret board radius and narrow tall frets.

Still wonder if fret board rolled and fret work and noisy bridge pickup, but I think its a fine guitar and I will pull the trigger.

Sounds like you guys liked them.

7. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

The current model is the "Deluxe Nashville Tele"; this version has been around since mid-2016 (although Fender changed from a rosewood fingerboard to a pau ferro fingerboard on the Daphne blue and fiesta red colors in 2017). The fingerboard edges are not rolled on these, but they aren't sharp. At least they aren't as rolled as USA models.

I haven't owned one but I've played a few - these have Vintage Noiseless pickups (they are stacked-type humbuckers - the noise reduction coil is under the voice coil) and I never noticed any nose relating to the bridge pickup using gain (at one point I was demoing one of these through a Marshall DSL40 - didn't notice any extraneous noise and it was quieter than the Player Tele I was comparing it to). I think maybe the noise comment was about the earlier version which had normal Tele pickups.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  8. teleplayer99

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. Sounds like a guitar with features most folks will use.

9. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

You're welcome! I just noticed I didn't complete part of my post- when Fender changed the rosewood to Pau Ferro in the daphne blue & fiesta red colors; that happened in mid-2017. But you're looking at a sunburst; those came with maple fingerboards anyway.

10. TheMicster

TheMicster TDPRI Member

Hey mate, just a friendly follow up to see if you've purchased that Nashville Tele yet and what your thoughts were. I've really taken an interest in this guitar myself and think its an amazing modding platform. These guitars weren't really popular due to the fact that it was sort of a cross between a Tele/Strat a sort of jack of all trades and master of none, trying to be super versatile but not really hitting the mark. Well now with these 6 way switches you could perhaps wire the 6th position for that classic Tele Bridge / neck combo sound. You would get a full tele with anything you want in the guts. A guy i was talking to put classic tele in the neck, Quater pound in the guts, forgot what he had in the bridge position, also i think he said that he insulated the cavity's from noise, but what versatility, do anything you want that suits your playing style. Look i'm pretty new to Teles but it would be really cool for someone with more experience to chime in.

11. dlew919

12’ radius? And locking tuners?
    One has 9.5” snd klusons. And maple fingerboard. And tex mex pickups.

12. teleplayer99

Wish I could help you, but my brother found a limited run of Epiphone Custom SG that he loves, so no Nashville to review.

13. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Very happy to hear your brother linked up with a guitar that's really working for him. I was just gonna post, please take him over to the Hoover GC or similar and let him try out a few they have in stock. My brother would be terrified to try to pick out a guitar for me, and I would be just as terrified to just present him with a Fender bass.

14. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

My 2016, with the maple board, does not have any rolling on the fingerboard edges. Still feels pretty nice though. I can't help with your noise situation since I keep my tones pretty clean.

15. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

My avatar Telecaster started its life as a Nashville. IMO, the Nashville is a great idea poorly executed. The older ones with Tex-Mex pickups wasn’t bright or twangy enough and there was no provision for the bridge and neck pickups together. The new one with VN pickups is on the dark side again with no bridge and neck position. Pickups can be changed and the 5-way switch can be rewired with the neck pickup to the middle pickup lugs and visa versa.

Think carefully about whether a Nashville is the right guitar or if you want to make the modifications someone who wants typical Telecaster tones will want.

16. dlew919

I agree they should have given you the bridge neck position. But it’s an easy and cheap mod to put a pull push switch in.

Mine has the tex mex. I find them
    Very bright. Ymmv I guess.

17. teleplayer99

Yeah, its hard to pick anything out anything out for anyone that is 59 and was an incredible drummer that played all over town. But gout and arthritis ended his drumming days. So he plays guitar with timing like a metronome and no mistakes ever. And SGs are great guitars.

18. MAXXFIELD

MAXXFIELD Tele-Meister

I have the thinline deluxe from the same series with the vintage noiseless and heel carve. Love it.

dlew919 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.