2020 Corvette - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dkmw, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

That’s pretty cool. Personal consideration is a lost art

dkmw, Flat6Driver and stratofortress like this.
  2. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

I just traded my 2016 SS Camaro in for my truck, and the main reason, and I sure it's the same in this Vette, you have to be shaped like a sardine to get in and out of them! Don't get me started on the blind spots:confused:

jannodude and dkmw like this.
  3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

May I mention what I see, which is the Average driver out there on the Interstates and US Highways are going 80 mph plus?

Not that 90 or 95 mph makes a mid engine design necessary, but people are really flying on the open roads these days. We covered simply huge amounts of territory because most places have let up on Speed Cops and I saw precious few stops being made and these I think involved drinking and etc.

They need to make a mid engined SUV and Minivan. Because I saw a whole lot of those at considerable speed, and balance, oh my they have none of that.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    dkmw likes this.
  4. boris bubbanov

I think the best thing that GM and FoMoCo could do, is make a robust, very high quality build mid sized sedan. When I talk to people who have stopped buying the typical Fusion or Malibu, they complain about a general cheapness or throwaway aspect to the vehicle. Maybe these "replacement" cars should carry a Buick or Mercury name tag. I think a lot of Ford's previous glory was the grudging respect people had for the Ford Crown Vic/Mercury Gran Marquis. Toughness should not be limited only to the heavier trucks. Since the amount of developmental change due to Electrics has kicked the Internal Combustion Motored Car in the groin, this may be a seriously hard thing to accomplish. But I would do it anyway.

+

More space in vehicles is over-rated. The women will just bring more "stuff" and there still won't be any room to spare. And I think people would buy a vehicle with better handling as opposed to prioritizing getting in and out of vehicles. At some point people need to get a grip on themselves and get fit again so they can enjoy a more fun vehicle again. For Goodness Sake this thread is about the 2020 Corvette - not about wheelchair staircase lifts.

Toto'sDad and dkmw like this.
  5. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

I'd rock it.

Dan R and dkmw like this.
  6. Mike H.

Mike H. Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I like the new design. It looks like a proper supercar. I'm looking forward to the road test reviews.

jannodude, Dan R and dkmw like this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

Since I travel a ton for work I am a member of the "pick your own car out of the lot" rental car company. I landed in SoCal and happened to see a White Camaro (not the SS) sitting right at the front. I was only in town for a few hours and was only traveling between customer's offices and would not be taking anyone anywhere so I grabbed. Driving through SoCal traffic the blind spots were crazy! I decided then and there I could not deal with that.

A week later I was in PHX and happened to see a Challenger with its rear end pointed at me and its trunk open beckoning for me to put my luggage in its ample space. I obliged and when started the engine I was surprised at the rumble that it made. I checked the car out of the parking garage and made my way to the 101. As I was getting onto the highway I attempted to merge in front of a commercial truck and had to accelerate. Wow, that thing took off and soon I was doing 90MPH in a heartbeat. When I stopped at my first meeting I checked and sure enough I got the Hemi equipped version by accident. Three days later I decided if I was going to buy a "sports car" that would be it. Plenty of room for golf clubs, big engine, lots of space and a back seat!

dkmw and Shuster like this.
  8. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Not that it really has much to do with the Corvette but this whole thing of US automakers dumping their cars in favor of more/all SUVs/Trucks is totally insane. Gas prices go back up and/or we have a financial downturn in the economy and GM and Ford (especially Ford!) will be right back to bankruptcy when all of a sudden SUVs look stupid and inefficient again. It's amazing they can't think beyond the quarter, it's only been 10 years!

I was in Europe the last few weeks where gas is obviously more expensive and it was amazing almost no SUVs & Crossovers on the road. I saw lots of ads for them, but barely anyone driving them. I actually saw a fair amount of Corvettes... Corvettes & Mustangs were just about the only American Cars I saw. There were Fords, but they were Euro Fords, none of the Fords that sell here.

dkmw likes this.
  9. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

Like water in a container women will fill all the available space in a car for all trips. You're not prepared for the trip till the vehicle is dangerously overloaded. I'm stereotyping but it's true in my life.

jannodude, 8trackmind and dkmw like this.
  10. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

So true. This is why I have a Yukon for the highway trips; it holds 3 people, a 110lb dog, and half of what we own.

11. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Wow 90 postings about the New Corvette. Lots of varying viewpoints. I have a bit of a bias since I have owned so many Corvettes that I have lost count. I've totaled two of them, a 1962 and a 1965.

I've raced them on tracks and parking lots all over Texas and Oklahoma. I'm too practical to ever buy a new Mid-engine Vette but I'll bet there will be four or five of them soon among my local NCRS membership in the next few months.

https://www.ncrs.org/ok/CarToons.html

I currently maintain the Website for Oklahoma Chapter of NCRS (National Corvette Restorers Society).

Follow this link to our chapter website if you are interested.
    www.ncrs.org/ok

Lost_N_Austin

P Thought, Stubee and dkmw like this.
  12. Honest Charley

Honest Charley Tele-Holic

Fugly as ****.

In pure looks, nothing beats a split window.

13. boris bubbanov

We used to make things fit into a Saab 900, which was considerably smaller than the 9-5.

There's just a wee bit of extra room when we start, but then we begin accumulating items along the way. Two more quarts of oil, just in case. Another set of spark plugs because you never know. Fluid to clean the air mass meter. Indian Jewelry. A pretty blouse. More maps.

I brought two pairs of shoes (wedding to attend) and no sandals. She brought 2 pairs of sandals and 6 pairs of shoes.

When the trip is over, the car is choked with stuff, except that the cooler is empty. Everything I brought except briefs, socks, I wore at least twice. She has enough fresh clothes for 3 more weeks. When you subtract out my tools, the puppy dog gets more stowage space than I do, with her bowls, blankets and specialty foods and etc.

14. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Looks terrible... like a Lamborghini knock off...

Cant wait to see the "drive authentic" campaign.

15. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Afflicted

I personally think it’s lost it’s american pride/ heritage and is becoming a clone of a generic European super car ( nothing wrong with that if the corvette was from Italy )
    At least that’s the appearance it has

16. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

A friend of mine bought an estate 2011 ZR1 about a year ago. 4000 miles on it, the one with the window in the hood and a 240 mph speedometer. Showcar.
    I've driven it to about 120, but I didn't even dip into the 672hp, I was way too afraid of causing a scratch or scraping the skid plates. Really no fun. 2" off the ground leaves this car pretty much worthless.
    She's beginning to realize that having $90K tied up in it might not be a good thing.

17. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

I like it. But for my tastes, hard to improve on this:

[​IMG]

P Thought, JL_LI, tintag27 and 6 others like this.
  18. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Holic

An upside down bass boat for rich oldsters in crisis. The less I spend on cars, the more Guitars and Motorcycles I can have.

19. Orpingtons

Orpingtons Tele-Meister

They look like somebody took a Camaro and added every single aftermarket accessory out there. :lol:

RetroTeleRod and ataylor like this.
  20. Orpingtons

Orpingtons Tele-Meister

RIGHT ON!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.