I got my new Bullet on Friday. I noodled on it for a bit to get a feel for what I wanted to do to it. This isn't my main guitar, and I won't be gigging it, but if it were either, I’d probably have opted to do more. The only part I replaced was the cheap, plastic, nut with a Tusq PO-5000-00. Be careful removing it, it's glued fairly well. The first thing I did was cut off the strings (junk!) and remove the neck. I hydrated the neck for 48 hours to properly assess the fret sprout, which wasn't very bad. I first adjusted the neck to as absolutely flat as possible (don't cheat here). I then took a small, light file and knocked back the fret ends a hair. I wanted to relieve the sharp edges of the fretboard, so I took a razor blade and scraped the sharp corners down a little. I then took a sanding block with 2000 grit paper and sanded it to further soften the edges. Using a fresh piece of 2000, I then top dressed the frets to ensure they planed well with each other. I then repeated the previous sanding (fret edges, fret board edges and top) with 3000 grit. Don't overdo this sanding, you can always take more off later, but you can't put it back! All of this is made easier without the nut in place. I followed this up by steel wooling the frets with 0000. I then took the same 4 ought and scrubbed the fret board longwise. Finally, I buffed out the frets with fret polish. They were gleaming. Lastly, I applied (and then reapplied) fret board oil to the extremely dry fret board. I didn't think it would ever quit soaking it up. I then put on a coat of pure carnauba wax, and towel buffed the whole neck. Once I reattached the neck to the body, I installed the new nut. This took very little work. I only cleaned up the trough and dry fit the nut. I put on a fresh set of 10’s (they ship with 9’s), the nut planed in very close, so I began the TRAIN process. T tune up to pitch R relief adjustment A action set I intonation N noodle After tuning to pitch, I set the relief by capoing all the strings at the first fret and fretting the high e at the 21st fret. Then I tweaked the truss rod until a piece of the old B string fit under the string at the 9th fret, but a piece of G string wouldn't. Optimum action is somewhere between 3/64th” and 5/64” at the 12th fret. I set mine to 4/64th” (1/16”) measured from the top of the fret to the bottom of the string. I then proceeded to adjust the intonation. Three were spot on, three needed a tiny adjustment. The string should tune open and at the 12th fret. If it is flat at the 12th, move the saddle forward (turn screw left) if sharp, the opposite. Finally, noodle with it a bit and look for any buzzing. I had to raise my action a hair to account for a very slight buzz when unplugged. Once it settles in a bit I'll take a fret rocker and id the offending fret(s) which will allow the action to be lowered again. I didn't want to get too aggressive sanding the fret tops because that might have necessitated them being crowned and I didn't want to get that involved (plus a crowning file is ^$$!). If all stays well, I'll fine tune the nut at next string change and glue it in. Anyway, I hope this helps others get their new Bullets up and running.