2018 Double Esquire

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by stereostapp, Aug 9, 2019.

1. stereostapp

stereostapp TDPRI Member

Is anyone playing one of the limited edition 2018 Double Esquires? I have my eye on one and have never had any experience with this wiring. Thanks

tce63 likes this.
  2. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Yup, here's mine...... b8fXiLviSf+SwcI%q45CDA.jpg VLIWwRR3SESfBCTur4m4rA.jpg bq6WYzJnTgylqQpfyj9lHg.jpg uBtDPDEnTviYbbaMVkxCig.jpg
    Wiring is funky, to say the least. Sorta, kinda like the wiring on a one pickup Esquire; no tone; front position, neck pickup with some kind of cap in it, middle position, neck with no cap, back position, blend bridge pickup with neck using the back knob. I can hardly hear any difference between the front and middle positions, especially at low to moderate volume.

3. stereostapp

stereostapp TDPRI Member

Thanks, I sorta had my mind made up and I got the silver sparkle one. I really think I will like the switching system.

4. VillainSean

VillainSean TDPRI Member

I went with the gold version, I dig it a lot, but yeah the wiring takes a bit to get used to.... IMG_1025.jpg

baiff, tce63 and BramptonRob1958 like this.
  5. Pips

Pips Tele-Holic

That is a beauty

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.