2018 CS Nocaster fat 50s wiring

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Haz478, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Haz478

Haz478 TDPRI Member

I wonder if if one of you knowledible people could help. I had the luck of purchasing a used nocaster yesterday, and it's great.

would you know what the wiring is doing when wired to fat 50s wiring? It seems that the tone control is mostly a tone control, but it also reduces the volume? I'm 100% sure there is no issue, and love the sound, just want to know.

Thanks for any help

2. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Meister

go to page 26

http://www.fmicassets.com/sites/fen...omshop/2019/2019_Custom_Shop_Design_Guide.pdf

3. Haz478

Haz478 TDPRI Member

Thanks, very useful.

It definitely isn't the Nocaster wiring, I think it just must bet he tone wired to each pickup. Just hadn't really noticed the volume drop with other guitars. Sounds great though, primarily had strats before, I didn't think it would be this different. Which is a good thing.

4. ephshoe

ephshoe TDPRI Member

Haz478 likes this.
  5. Haz478

Haz478 TDPRI Member

Thanks. Starting to get to understand the guitar. Mind you, it shouldn't be too hard two knobs and a switch!

I have always spent too long messing around with getting "the sound" instead of just playing.

The Nocaster plugged in to a Cornell romany, no effects. It is shocking how much you can get from just that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.