2016 Fender CS Postmodern NOS Tele Finish Yellowing

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Meister

My 2016 CS Postmodern NOS Tele finish has started yellowing along the aft bottom edge of the body. It is normally stored using a wall hanger with no contact with the wall or a bumper. Is this to be expected at only 3 years (built 4/2016). Thanks IMG_3178.JPG

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Fender is kind of in a touch spot. They could make a finish that would stay like new for a really hard time, but people seem to want lacquer and guitars that will age.

It's tough to say what happened to yours based upon how it was stored. Hopefully it doesn't bother you all that much (at least it's on the back).

Because of where it's turning yellow maybe there was an incompatible strap or something?

Guitar looks cool, don't sweat it so much :)

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Meister

noah330, thanks for your comments. As for the strap being a potential source, I have only used one a few times. Attached is a picture of the frontside. I have transformed the Tele into a Premodern by removing the RSD Bridge & Saddles and installing a traditional Tele Bridge, a set of Rutters brass saddles and set of PickupWizard 51-54 Tele pickups (replacing the Twisted Tele Pups).

Yea, I'm not going to sweat it so much as in time it just might give it that vintage/relic mojo. I did send a picture and explanation to Fender's Consumer Relations just to see what they have to say.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.