1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2015 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

looks like mccourty is staying with NE

2. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

For me, Frank Gore never really lived up to the 49ers standards set by Roger Craig. His numbers are great, but I never really felt like Gore was of the same calibre as the great running backs of recent memory.

3. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah, RBs are pretty much interchangeable. Some are special (Lynch for instance), but most are used up around 27 / 28.

4. KokoTele

KokoTele Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I really think that the move was more about turning the locker room around, and recognizing that Marshall's past his prime. He was toxic to the team last year, and they traded him while he still had some value. The fact that they took a 5th round draft pick in trade shows that they didn't value him that highly. Marshall is the kind of guy that needs a fresh start every so often before he becomes totally dysfunctional.

There are rumors that the Bears were shopping Forte as well, and I'm relieved that nothing seems to be happening there. The guy is clearly the best player on the offense.

I'm kind of relieved to hear that Suh's leaving the division.

5. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Start getting familiar with whatever WRs are on the Oregon Ducks roster ; )

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

watching the 49ers shenanigans.....it is a hard time to be a 49er fan... but, this too shall pass, the warriors are awesome this year and the giants will be pretty good... it could be worse... I look around and I know other teams are way worse off..

7. Brad Pittiful

i hope they are better than josh huff

so with maclin gone does matthews become the #1 receiver?

8. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

I agree with this. I will however say that Brandon Marshall has done a lot to change his life and a big part of that is his attitude in and around football. The problem that I saw with B Marsh when he was here was that when things were going bad, he's not the type of guy to try to pick everyone up and head things in the right direction. He typically just makes a volatile situation worse. The team was so dysfunctional last year though that you can't only point the finger at him. He was a part of it, but the coaching staff was a complete joke that didn't hold anyone accountable for anything (on and off the field).

Matt Forte is the only player making that offense even remotely respectable. I just wish they could've put a better team around him. My sister and brother in law live in Seattle and are big Seahawks fans and the thought crossed my mind once or twice about Matt Forte going to the 'Hawks if Lynch didn't come back. That would be a thing of beauty.

9. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Only by default at this point.

Mathews is definitely a good young receiver and should step up, but he's a slot receiver for the most part...a very good one at that, but he doesn't have that deep threat speed that the prototypical top #1's have.

I'm guessing Chip may not buy into having a #1 receiver, he likes to spread it around, but they're going to need somebody else to make an impact.

Percy Harvin maybe?

10. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Well, you have to have a half decent quarterback to throw to him :cry:

I think AJ is a super classy guy and a geat player. I'll be sad to see him go. If Cushing and Clowney can stay healhty, along with JJ of course, the defense looks to be shaping up

But what about QB? Good heavens, for all the rebuilding they've been doing, they sure haven't focused on what's probably the most important position. I actually thought Matt Schaub was a pretty good QB, but when Kubiak got sacked, Schaub got thrown out too

We'll see I guess

Cheers,
    Doug

11. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Only problem with Schaub was he couldn't throw deep and he had a slow release. Also injury prone. They don't have the CAP to pick up a first tier QB and they can't seem to make good choices in their draft past the dirst two rounds. Now Myers is gone too so we will see how the backup center does. Jonathan Joseph will be next out the door. Sure hope Clowney pans out, they will need him for sure. Cushing is also injury prone and I wonder if he isn't just an overachiever who throws his body at everything. Of course I am nothing more than a armchair coach and GM.:lol: They haven't called me for my advice.

12. Brad Pittiful

its slim pickings for number one receivers out there...i guess a deep threat like desean isnt needed but it would be nice to have a guy that can go deep and is fast...hopefully the draft has one if they have picks left after giving them away to get mariota...yes i think they will try to get him

isnt percy a distraction in the lockerroom...he got rid of guys who are disruptive...seattle got rid of him for that...i didnt hear much about him being disruptive with the jets...but as chip wants a non disruptive lockerroom i doubt harvin will come here

13. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Sounds like they're pinning it on Ryan Mallett for QB, and putting an offer out for Brian Hoyer. Case Keenum will go as a free agent and they'll possibly get rid of Fitzpatrick too.

And they haven't called me for my advice either :lol:

Cheers,
    Doug

14. rockabilly96

rockabilly96 Tele-Meister

The Pats declined the $20 million option proposed by Revis. Not sure how many Pats fans are on here, but I sure hope we end up getting him. If he wants the money enough to join a subpar team and sacrifice the chance to be a playoff contestant with one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, I guess that's his problem.

15. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

I think Crabtree is a free agent, Andre Johnson too, but like Gore, he's a little older. We'll see, but they'll pick up somebody. My brother in law swears that they're going to make a push to get Mike Evans from Tampa Bay. He's saying they trade Foles and all kinds of draft picks for the Bucs #1 pick (Mariota) and Mike Evans. Sounds nuts to me and don't see that happening at all, but point is, all kinds of things can happen between now and draft day.

As far as Harvin, I don't know that he's a distraction in the locker room...I never played with him ; )

16. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

That's one pretty high standard....

17. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

I'd love to do some football "sabremetrics". It sure does seem like the running game isn't as important as it used to be. It used to be SO FUN to watch the backs. Earl Campbell... Barry Sanders... Even Emmitt Smith... Bo Jackson!!

Lynch is the only one right now that I can think of fun to watch... Absolutely will not go down without making some positive yardage and clearly grinding grinding......Us Raider fans had a few good games and at least one good season with McFadden. Wow could he break 'em, but just too fragile...

I'm wondering if it pans out statistically that running backs are really interchangeable and has it always been that way. The game since Walsh does SEEM more pass oriented.

18. KokoTele

KokoTele Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Marshall absolutely did do incredible things to turn his life and career around. The fact that he was able to enter treatment to reprogram himself to deal with borderline personality disorder is an incredible feat, and one that can't be done through medication.

But the last year (and somewhat the year before), he was like one of those really bright kids who gets a bad case of senioritis going into 12th grade. It's tough to get someone like that back on track. He'll go to the Jets, do the right things for a couple of years, and do well. I don't think he was going to get himself back on track in Chicago.

Let's not throw Kyle Long out with the bath water ;-)

19. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Frank Gore to Philly isn't a given, reports are the Colts are back in the mix to get him.

20. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Saw that on the news tonight. Browns thought more of Mad Man Manzel over Hoyer, sounds like another 3rd tier pick. Hope Mallet stays healthy he has a quick release and can throw. Probably keep one of the two as a third string.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.