1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2012 TDPRI Build Challenge rule discusison

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by TDPRI, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Amadhunter

Amadhunter Tele-Meister

I'm in again! If I can make it home in time to post the required pic with the print out. Right now I'm in Texas with mom and wifey. :(

2. DeepDrummer

DeepDrummer Former Member

I think I'm out. I made some patterns a month ago and "cut a big block of wood in half contemplating my first build". Clearly the rules don't allow this. We're still waiting on above freezing here. No heat in the shed. I Love watching these builds though. I need a lot more info so I'm stoked to watch you folks go.

3. OpenG Capo4

OpenG Capo4 Friend of Leo's

I don't think the rules are against this. Its fine to have made templates for the challenge. And if you ripped the wood over a month ago, without intending to use it specifically in the challenge, then you should be OK.

It doesn't say anything about templates or patterns. You can still enter the contest in the beginner category.

Also:

I'm guessing the admins will open up a subforum for the challenge tomorrow or Wednesday?

4. motor_city_tele

motor_city_tele Tele-Afflicted

A month ago the rules were not posted so how could you have begun working on the "Specific" 2012 guitar when it wasn't even defined yet. your block of wood should be ok to use for this challenge.

5. Zatar

Zatar Tele-Meister

As I read the rules again, it seems we are already allowed to start a build thread now?
    Quote rules: Also note that you must at least begin your build thread on or before March 14th

If that's the case: What would the required thread title be? (Since I'm not sure if I can access the internet tomorrow, I'd really like to start one today ;))

6. alscort93

alscort93 Tele-Meister

You have to post your new thread in the challenge forum, after it is opened.

7. OpenG Capo4

OpenG Capo4 Friend of Leo's

If its like previous year's challenges, they'll have a subforum specifically for the challenge, and you'll post there with a thread title like "_________'s 2012 TDPRI Build Challenge Thread". Or something similar to that.

8. Michael Terry

Michael Terry Tele-Meister

It says "you do not have permission to access this page." when i tried to post my entry am i too late to enter??

9. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

Did you try to post your thread after 11:59 pm March 14 ? That was the deadline for starting a build thread.

10. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    All entries had to be in by 11:59 PM CDST-US on Wed, Mar 14th. After that the Challenge is closed to new entries -- and the forum is closed to new Threads. So, yes, unfortunately, it appears that you are too late to enter.

11. JDO

JDO Tele-Holic

oh dang. didn't even realize the cdst time. i was wavering and had decided to do it. looked at the clock and it was 12:04 est. oh well. guess there's next year.

12. Hack On Wheels

Hack On Wheels Tele-Meister

Yup, I didn't pay close attention to the rules and missed it too. Guess that means I have a year to come up with ideas!

Good luck to everyone who is competing! I think the rules sound good this year and I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with. :)

13. madebydave

madebydave TDPRI Member

I would like to enter the build challenge but don't have the "you may post new threads" on. Can you please dirrect me?

Never mind.

14. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post

Yep, you're 12 days too late to enter. Perhaps next year.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.