2012 E. Hemingway

THX1123

Tele-Afflicted
I will always strive to keep my reply down to one sentence, and make that sentence as brief and witty as possible (but also avoiding all forum forbidden topics, and safe in the knowledge that by making my post short and easily understood people will like it, and because if it takes thought, or time, or experience, or knowledge, or contemplation to understand my post or its meaning that might make people write things like TL;DR or some other acronym or implication or sideways insult) because anything over one or two sentences is too long for some other people who are impatient or have short attention spans or just want to be entertained or just don't like to read posts of more than one or two sentences or feel that long posts are self-indulgent and smarmy and maybe even the better written a long post might be the more that post deserves to be dismissed even if that post might be well-reasoned and clearly written, but if someone is too lazy or threatened by length and language, well, then what else can they do besides just not commenting, and I will also endeavor to make sure to always try to say things as briefly and succinctly as possible and not repeat myself, and also to always absolutely never make definitive statements or misrepresent my opinions as facts or givens, and to not repeat myself, and at some point in my one or two sentence reply or comment I swear I will always start using apostrophe's incorrectly so as to make everyone feel comfortable and to fit right in, and to build tautological elements into my post and arguments so as to make sure my argument's alway's end where they started (because that's what an experienced tuatologist does, because they are tautologist's) and I also never NEVER repeat myself over and over.

UserNotAvailable

Tele-Afflicted
tiny books

Attachments

• iBooks-iPhone.png
    iBooks-iPhone.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's
Ernest Hemingway and I are forehead lump twins.

I suppose it would be inappropriate for someone to post a picture of John Holmes.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Some of us don’t have as much to contribute. But you got some great stories - so keep up the good work.

Damn the torpedoes - full speed ahead!

Ed Storer

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
My career involved writing construction specifications. I lived by the ABC rule. Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity. I wish there was more of it going around.

richa

Tele-Afflicted
Some things take longer to say and are worth the saying. Don't get me started on people who demand I give them a serial chunk of attention at their talking speed to watch a video. Now that's disrespectful of people's time.