2012 Build Challenge Winners Comment Thread

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Great fun to watch this year! A pile of excellent guitars. I've been inspired to join the challenge next year, come hell or high water--or pick-up winding. :lol:

Mojotron

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Mojo! :p I went right down there and they were a perfect fit , If I had them sooner i might have nudged ahead to 20th .:lol:

swivelcaster.jpg
:lol: Don't forget yer helmet!!
Not really sure how we ended up tied , I thought your build was absolutely brilliant and should have been much much higher in the top ranks. I have to say though I'm honored to be at 21st with my 2nd build i didn't expect to do that well. :D
I am very honored to be in this group, I'm humbled by the talent and creativity I've seen in these challenges. Thanks to those that have encouraged me either by your vote or PMs or in the thread.

On your build, I thought the integrated neck/body and neck stabilization of your build was great to see - gave me some ideas, and I love the top too! This view is awesome!
213.jpg

as well as this one:
214.jpg

The finish was first rate too!
265.jpg

I'm a fan!! I tell ya, 21st is the place to be!! :lol:

On my build(s) - I'm always trying progressive stuff and not everyone is into the direction all of that takes, but that's what I am interested in and these challenges have really pushed me to do my best. I've built my best guitar yet, and the ideas I was shooting for worked our pretty well; so I'm overjoyed.

I'm also very happy to see the best of the best get the recognition they deserve!

Allthesound

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks Mojo! Someday I would love to try some body contours like yours, maybe a little complex for me currently but man i love the way it looks. I'll start with a carve top on the next which i was too chicken to try on this build. Dude that quilt scared me. :eek::lol:

Edit: I know what you mean about going in a direction not everyone will follow . I guess thats what i like about it most though there is not another like it. :p

I cant wait to see what you build next I really dig designs that dare to stray from the sandbox.

kwerk

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. I'm humbled by the outcome.

What a year for builds this was. I can't believe the calibre of people here. We are the luckiest forum on the net, by far the best "support network" I've ever been witness to.

Besides, as I said earlier in the year to a fellow compatriot building his first,

I mean, we're making guitars! How freaking cool is that?!

;)

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
Every single entry was inspirational and great entertainment,every one a winner.It's my favourite time of the year on TDPRI.Congrats to you all.

One of these days I dream of moving on from assembling partscasters to a true build.

Tred

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats to all the winners! And there isn't one of these guitars I wouldn't be proud to own or play. There are some real beautiful guitars this year. People's imgination is limitless! Awsome job to everyone who took the time, patience, and talent to show their love for the Tele. Job(s) well done!