1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2012 Build Challenge Winners Comment Thread

Discussion in '2012 TDPRI Tele Build Challenge' started by TDPRI, May 24, 2012.

1. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Well done all!

Here's to seeing you all in next year's competition; that is as long as you are not pickup winding averse. ;) Maybe Paul has a few other curves to throw in as well. Maybe a non-wood, cast body requirement or....... Can't wait!

Anyway, one thing that I would like to see as a requirement next year is that the builders play their own guitars and to see their faces and hear their voices giving descriptions of their creations prior to playing. I don't like the guitar/ crotch shots with the player's heads cut off. Weird :confused: If Miss Peyton can do it, so can you! :D

Rob

2. phoenixash

phoenixash Tele-Holic

FANTASTIC I just envy the skill of these cats congrats to all who entered you should be very proud.

3. mmoncur

mmoncur Tele-Meister

Congratulations to everyone who finished a guitar! Especially to all of the beginners, I think we worked a bit harder -- mostly figuring out what the heck we were doing!

4. junk mutt

junk mutt Tele-Meister

Well done everyone and congrats to the winners. Its been a blast, Roll on next year, Can't wait.

5. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I don't play bass, and never pay them much attention - but I think I loved your build most of all - think you would have given the leaders something to think about if you weren't in the beginners category. Beautiful guitar.

Picking only 3 favourites out of that lot was impossible.

I'm fairly new to this forum, but checking out those builds has been such a pleasure. Talk about inspiring.

6. JeffBeck

JeffBeck TDPRI Member

I am totally inspired to try my hand at this challenge in the next year or two. I was just absolutely floored by the works of art coming out of this thing. I think I was especially blown away by the quality of the "Beginners" category. WoW!

That's not to take anything away from the other builds in the challenge. Just stellar work and innovative ideas all around. Not everything was my cup of tea, but I feel like I learned from every one of them.

Nothing but respect for all you guys that build something so wonderful from nothing more than wood and wire (and whatever else some of you guys find laying around!).

Congratulations to all of you...not just the winners (but a special tip of the hat to the winners, for sure).

7. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Congratulations, you are all winners in my book.

8. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

hemingway - Thank you. To be honest, I didn't see much difference in all 6 of the biginner builds. I thought they were all awesome and I was proud to be a part of it. I have no illusions of competing with the big boys, but I'm going to do it next year anyway (if I can). This was just way too much fun!

9. flatfive

flatfive Friend of Leo's

Congrats to the winners and a hearty "well done" to all!

Thanks to Paul and the other moderators for designing
    the challenge and making it happen. Thanks to Ryden,
    too, for creating the compilation thread.

10. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

A big congrats to Igork, Nosmo, MMoncur, Gearhead1972, Kwerk, Oigun and Scatter Lee!!

Kwerk's effort in this challenge (as well as the last year) is a great example of battling back from adversity and overcoming doubts! More then an awesome guitar and very creative build it was a great achievement to see unfold from some significant difficulties.

I have something very special that is only for Allthesound and Barncaster who tied with me at 21st - as everyone knows 21st is special. Here you guys go - just take this to Harbor Freight and ask for your "Swivel caster" - they will have it ready to go for you - all the set up is done.

[​IMG]

BTW, I told 'em you would give them $11.99 on the way out the door - I was a little short when I set this up :oops:

11. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

^^^Ha Ha!!!

12. Amadhunter

Amadhunter Tele-Meister

What a wonderful bunch of axes! Congrats to all the competitors. If I had a guitar store, and stocked it from this competition, I'd sell out in no time I'm sure. :)
    I had a blast, got a great guitar, and learned a lot from ya'll! Look out next year, I'll do a better build! Already got plans for something really unique. :) :) :) ;)

13. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

i wanted to vote for so many more than 3. i liked them all to be honest. was a hard to choose between them all; all of them were so very creative to in one way or another. leo would of been proud .. id be proud to of built any one of them. you guys rock.
    chris.

14. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Thanks Mojo! :p I went right down there and they were a perfect fit , If I had them sooner i might have nudged ahead to 20th .:lol:

[​IMG]

Not really sure how we ended up tied , I thought your build was absolutely brilliant and should have been much much higher in the top ranks. I have to say though I'm honored to be at 21st with my 2nd build i didn't expect to do that well. :D

15. gearhead1972

gearhead1972 Tele-Meister

Congrats to all the winners, and a big Thank You, to all who who voted for me. Every single one of the guitars are great you all should be proud.

16. oigun

oigun Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mojotron View Post
    A big congrats to Igork, Nosmo, MMoncur, Gearhead1972, Kwerk, Oigun and Scatter Lee!!

Kwerk's effort in this challenge (as well as the last year) is a great example of battling back from adversity and overcoming doubts! More then an awesome guitar and very creative build it was a great achievement to see unfold from some significant difficulties.

I have something very special that is only for Allthesound and Barncaster who tied with me at 21st - as everyone knows 21st is special. Here you guys go - just take this to Harbor Freight and ask for your "Swivel caster" - they will have it ready to go for you - all the set up is done.

BTW, I told 'em you would give them $11.99 on the way out the door - I was a little short when I set this up

Thanks Mojo! I went right down there and they were a perfect fit , If I had them sooner i might have nudged ahead to 20th .

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 965x310.

Bwahahahaha! Brilliant!

17. Sasz

Sasz Tele-Meister

My congratulations and thanks to all of you who took part this year - I really have enjoyed following the builds (not to mention marvelling at their quality) :cool:

18. BR06623

BR06623 Tele-Meister

Congratulations to all the winners! Congratulations also to all the owners of new guitars created by your own hands. There may be winners in this, but I just don't see any losers!

Such impressive work in both the main challenge and beginners challenge!

I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge as much as I did, and I hope you will all join me in thanking Paul Green, Ryden, and anyone else who had a hand in organizing and coordinating this challenge.

19. deadicated

deadicated Tele-Holic

What can I say? The winning builds were amazing as were quite a few that didn't win. There were guitars in this challenge that rival the best any music store has to offer. My hats off to all the winners. To win in a talent pool like the one around here at the TDPRI is quite the accomplishment. Also a big thanks to everyone that works so hard to put this thing together and pull it off. Not just during the challenge but year round you supply a place that is entertaining and drives me to continue pushing to get better at this craft we all love.

20. Wheelie

Wheelie Tele-Meister

Good show gentlelmen, that was rather fun.
    Thanks again to the TDPRI staff for all they're dilligent work.
    As a lifelong Cubs fan all I can say is "Wait 'til next year".

Steve

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.