2012 Build Challenge Winners Comment Thread

TDPRI

Retired
Since the Winners Announcement thread is closed to posting use this thread to leave your congratulations and comments for the winners and about this year's Challenge.

Congratulations to the WINNERS, of course, but congratulations to all that participated. We're looking forward to the 2013 Challenge -- which is sure to be even more difficult than this years.

Thanks All,
Paul Green
TDPRI Administrator

RogerC

Poster Extraordinaire
Man, you just can't argue with those results.

Phil, Oi, Scatter - you guys did some absolutely incredible work this year. A big congratulations to you 3. The accolades are well deserved!

**EDIT** Like a bonehead, I didn't even congratulate our Beginner Category winners :oops:. You guys were really inspiring doing what you did. Having never built a guitar before, you jumped into the deep end and turned out some beautiful and great-playing guitars. Indeed, congratulations and attaboys are in order!

Last edited:

hockeygoon

Tele-Holic
There were some incredible guitars this year and I have to admit I had a hard time voting. Congrats to the beginners, who all fashioned excellent first guitars or basses.

Igork's fastest build still has me :eek: because that is one fine Tele.

czook

Tele-Afflicted
Wow. Thanks to all the entrants. Congrats to the winners.

Allthesound

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats to everyone for well deserved wins! Looking forward to next years challenge. Its gonna be hard to top this years builds but with the talent here i have no doubt 2013 will be even more fascinating.

adirondak5

Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire
A big congrats to the winners , fantastic job. It's been an honor to build with all the challenge builders this year .

oigun

Tele-Afflicted
Congratz to everyone!! And thank you all for you support!

(I can migrate back to Holland safely now :D)

[EDIT:] Whoops almost forget to thank Paul... Thank you Paul for putting up a great challenge (again)

dazzaman

Tele-Afflicted
Congratulations to the winners - all well deserved. And thanks to everyone (especially Paul for putting it on) for making the whole challenge so much fun (and hard work...) from start to finish.

ugly_guitar_guy

Tele-Meister
Well, I suppose a tie for 24th place isn't that bad considering it's my first complete build. :p

Congrats to the winners. Here's to looking forward to even harder build "challenges" to come!

:cool:

Muzikp

Friend of Leo's
Results in order. I find it easier to look at like this :D

1 Kwerk 215
2 Oigun 161
3 Scatter Lee 152
4 Motor City 80
5 Vintage 65 78
6 Guitarnut/Wheelie 72
7 Guitarbuilder 59
8 Stjinkenens 58
9 RogerC 57
10 Flatfive 50
11 Muzikp 45
12 Dilbone 43
13 Newtherapist 42
14 Thunders1988 37
15 Adirondack/Dazzman/Maricopa 33
16 Aikiguy/Mike Simpson 29
17 Bowensby23 26
18 Rcole sooner 25
19 Tklaavo 24
20 Axedaddy/Ugly guitar guy 19
21 Allthesound/Barncaster/Mojotron 18
22 Whodatpat 15
23 Henderson is Go 13
24 Kbru 12
25 Emoney/R.Stratenstein 11
26 Czook/Deadicated/Picton 10
27 Anyone/Volowv/Gitlvr 7
28 Amadhunter/Desmodog/Naildabass 5
29 Alexlaguna29/Junk-mutt 4
30 Davecam48/OpenG Capo4 3
31 Devo Stevo/Guitar Novice/Pulaifaz 2

Muzikp

Friend of Leo's
Well, I suppose a tie for 24th place isn't that bad considering it's my first complete build. :p

Congrats to the winners. Here's to looking forward to even harder build "challenges" to come!

:cool:

Actually if you combine all the other ties you tied for 20th. Well done.

nosmo

Friend of Leo's
I already posted my congratulations in each of the winner's build threads, so I'll use this thread to congratulate all the other contestants. That has got to be the finest bunch of instruments I have ever seen in one place. So many inovative ideas and so much precise craftmanship. I was honored to be a part of it, and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. Thanks again to Paul and TDPRI.

Remember - If you steal an idea from one person it's plagerism - if you steal ideas from a hundred people it's research :D