1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2012 Build Challenge VOTING -- Pick your 3 favorites

Discussion in '2012 TDPRI Tele Build Challenge' started by TDPRI, May 17, 2012.

Which 3 of the 2012 Build Challenge guitars do you think is BEST

Poll closed May 24, 2012.
  1. Adirondak5

33 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Aikiguy

29 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Alexlaguna29

4 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. Allthesound

18 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Amadhunter

5 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. Anyone

7 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. Axedaddy

19 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Barncaster

18 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. Bowensby23

26 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. Czook

10 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. Davecam48

3 vote(s)
    0.5%
  12. Dazzaman

33 vote(s)
    5.2%
  13. Deadicated

10 vote(s)
    1.6%
  14. Desmodog

5 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Devo Stevo

2 vote(s)
    0.3%
  16. Dilbone

43 vote(s)
    6.8%
  17. Emoney

11 vote(s)
    1.7%
  18. Flatfive

50 vote(s)
    7.9%
  19. Gitlvr

7 vote(s)
    1.1%
  20. Guitarbuilder

59 vote(s)
    9.3%
  21. Guitar novice

2 vote(s)
    0.3%
  22. Guitarnut

72 vote(s)
    11.4%
  23. Henderson is Go

13 vote(s)
    2.1%
  24. Junk-mutt

4 vote(s)
    0.6%
  25. K-Bru

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  26. Kwerk

215 vote(s)
    33.9%
  27. Maricopa

33 vote(s)
    5.2%
  28. Mike Simpson

29 vote(s)
    4.6%
  29. Mojotron

18 vote(s)
    2.8%
  30. Motor City Tele

80 vote(s)
    12.6%
  31. Muzikp

44 vote(s)
    6.9%
  32. Newtherapist

42 vote(s)
    6.6%
  33. Niallbadass

5 vote(s)
    0.8%
  34. Oigun

160 vote(s)
    25.2%
  35. OpenG Capo4

3 vote(s)
    0.5%
  36. Picton

10 vote(s)
    1.6%
  37. Pulaifaz

2 vote(s)
    0.3%
  38. RCole sooner

25 vote(s)
    3.9%
  39. RogerC

57 vote(s)
    9.0%
  40. R. Stratenstein

11 vote(s)
    1.7%
  41. Scatter Lee

152 vote(s)
    24.0%
  42. Stijnkenens

58 vote(s)
    9.1%
  43. Thunders1988

37 vote(s)
    5.8%
  44. Tklaavo

24 vote(s)
    3.8%
  45. Ugly Guitar Guy

19 vote(s)
    3.0%
  46. Vintage65

77 vote(s)
    12.1%
  47. Volowv

7 vote(s)
    1.1%
  48. Wheelie

72 vote(s)
    11.4%
  49. Whodatpat

15 vote(s)
    2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. czook

czook Tele-Afflicted

I didn't vote for the ones I would like to own, but rather the ones most challenging for the particular builder. Some of us were not total beginners, but many had never made a neck before, wired before, whatever... There are certainly many who had the skills to make museum quality guitars and they have again delivered. The innovation by these folks are in a totally different universe than many of us who competed.

It has been inspiring and educational just following the builds. To everyone who finished, you are winners.

2. Bullant

Bullant TDPRI Member

Impossible to pick just three. Every time I had to make a decision I felt terrible for knocking someone off the list. In the end, it came down to dice rolls. SO BLAME THE DICE!

3. flatfive

flatfive Friend of Leo's

No offence taken -- and mine was surely the worst. :cry:

I think many of us did the recording in a great hurry!

I literally did mine a few minutes before the deadline and felt
    completely frazzled -- and in addition faced unexpected
    problems with audio levels. Believe it or not, I actually play
    the guitar. :eek:

Next time (no way I'm not participating next year if I'm able)
    I'll make sure that I have time for a decent video.

4. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, I can increase the quality of my video, but after 30 years, you are probably stuck with my low quality playing.

:D

5. Cars & Guitars

Cars & Guitars TDPRI Member

Wow! What a great bunch of guitars after spending a couple of hours going through and watching all the videos and reading build threads. I am so impressed I had to join, I have been a beginner guitar player for about 18 years, I played the heck out of the four open cords I knew. My daughter wanted to play guitar, she started asking when she was 5, she did not let it go she kept asking and asking if she could have a guitar. After a few months of that Santa brought her one for x-mas and grandma got her guitar lessons. She has been playing and taking lessons, her and I both, for a year and a few months and she is getting pretty good.

The videos for most do not represent the guitar very well, although there were some very good and entertaining videos. Kwerk's video was very funny and the guitar is way cool. Another of my favorite guitars and videos was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39jkKOyD59s&list=UUpj8IMsv29MmDq3bfWULgmA&index=2&feature=plcp

Good job to all!

6. anyone

anyone Tele-Holic

One I was compelled to vote for, though I would be scared to own it...
    The other two votes went to the two I wanted the most out of the 4 or 5 that pulled my heart strings.

Many thanks to the one person who voted for me! That certainly makes you unique! (haha).

7. PapaLion

PapaLion Tele-Afflicted

Might as well get a little weird. My two granddads each had talents. I was very lucky to spend a lot of time around them when I was very young. One was a stiff conservative big guy who was well educated but preferred to frame up homes and build cabinets for houses. He was a marvel to watch. The other was a happy go lucky kind of guy, very dashing, never made a lot of dough but was happy in the midst of a very hard life and grateful for fresh breezes and good food right up till he passed early at 58 with a heart attack.

Now as an old man myself I work at projects, guitars, fences, corrals, lots of things... and I can often FEEL their eyes on me, watching, helping, admiring, requiring that I do my best and smile regardless of how tough it becomes. Seems strange to others but I know they are there.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming:)

8. devo_stevo

devo_stevo Tele-Meister

:lol: I had the same thought. Thanks for the vote. I promise it wasn't me that voted for myself. :lol:

9. sjohnbruton

sjohnbruton Tele-Holic

A humble and heartfelt thank you to all the contestants who finished this Challenge. The ocean of talent that flows through this site is absolutely astounding! I love this place...

Anyway, I knew my number one choice a few weeks ago, but the competition for my second and third votes was ridiculous! Great job everyone.

10. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

The video was not the point of the challenge , the video was just to show the guitar operates properly and holds tune , its all about the build , the real magic and work is in all the threads IMO , not the video :)

11. PapaLion

PapaLion Tele-Afflicted

So happy to hear the pro audio boys will be doing everyones videos. I think I'll look for a ringer to play for me.

as we round the bend into the home stretch a young fella from NZ is a shoulder up... and since there are full build instructions to read... I expect that jockey to do well. Kwerk aok pard, glad to see that... sorry, I'm weak and a sucker for gator hide:oops:.

12. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

You mean it was my crappy video that cost me the glory? Next time I promise not to show my face. :D

13. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe people were disappointed you didn't look much like Bob Ross? :D

14. mmoncur

mmoncur Tele-Meister

Yeah, I did my video an hour before the deadline after staying up 36 hours finishing the thing... It's amazing I could speak English and play a few chords.

15. Johlsef

Johlsef TDPRI Member

All I have to say is: holy gwaka-effing-moley. These guitars are incredible. Stijnkenens, my hat is off to you in particular, sir -- great job.

16. metalmayhem

metalmayhem Tele-Meister

It's a tough call choosing three. There are so many good guitars this year, the bar has certainly been lifted again. Good luck to all the participants.

17. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Tele-Afflicted

I didn't vote for myself either, so I guess my mom, brother, and sister must have all signed on here while I wasn't looking! ;)

Thanks everyone, for the votes, encouragement, comments, thoughts, etc. I think this year's build was more enjoyable than last year's, except for a certain non-build related event...

While building this one I was thinking I'd sit our next year, but already I find myself thinking about what I might do for next year's challenge!

18. ModerneGuy

ModerneGuy Tele-Holic

My apologies to everyone who I didn't vote for - I think every time I look at the list I reappraise my vote. I think I'd feel better if I'd had about ten votes to play with. Well done to everyone and hopefully I'll be brave enough to enter next year with a few guitars (and pickups ....more hurdles!) under my belt. You've all been very inspirational. Cheers, I'm raising my glass to the computer screen ;)

19. Jellyblaster

Jellyblaster TDPRI Member

Well done everyone

The 2012 Build Challenge was what brought me to this site - and kept me coming back. I agree with those who wished we'd been able to vote for many more than three, such is depth of quality across the builds.

20. parkwood

parkwood Tele-Meister

God, this is just no fair....
    I guess, they should provide some more categories or something... I mean, i definitely can pick 3 particular guitars as a player, but another 3 if I'm giving my vote for a work of art, for most innovatieve guitar, most unconventional guitar … I can go on and on and on…
    Maybe someone just needed a better camera, a better amp or a player, go figure

My heart hurts(
    Thank you all for letting us see all this

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.