1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2012 Build Challenge BEST BEGINNER Voting -- pick your 3 favorites

Discussion in '2012 TDPRI Tele Build Challenge' started by TDPRI, May 17, 2012.

Pick the Three best guitars in the BEST BEGINNER Category

Poll closed May 24, 2012.
  1. BR06623

87 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. CarlosN

98 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Dannyp8262

45 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. Gearhead1972

106 vote(s)
    50.7%
  5. MMoncur

116 vote(s)
    55.5%
  6. Nosmo

124 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Here is your chance to vote for your three favorite guitars in the BEST BEGINNER category of the 2012 Build Challenge.

You get to vote for your 3 favorite builds. Once the voting is concluded in one week the winners will be announced in order of their vote tallies -- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place.

The voting criteria is easy -- vote for what you consider the 3 best guitars. You don't need to consider who makes the best build thread. Who's the funniest. Who is the most talented player in a video or anything like that. Just -- Which THREE of the 6 BEST BEGINNER Entries do you think are the BEST Guitar.

Do not vote until you have reviewed the BEST BEGINNER Build compilation thread and see each guitar and the accompanying video.

Thanks and have fun!

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  2. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I've got to congratulate every one of the beginners here. These are 6 of the coolest guitars I've ever seen... and every one of them is at least 10 times nicer looking than the first guitar I ever built. You guys all deserve a standing ovation and 2 thumbs up.

[​IMG]

3. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

+1000

4. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

+1 more thousand.

I can't believe any of these are first guitars. They are amazing, you guys deserve all the praise you get.

5. rb4player

rb4player TDPRI Member

I'd happily aspire to the results of these folks on my 5th guitar (still on zero at this time).

An outstanding effort by all, and I truly enjoyed the threads. I did follow every one of the first timer threads once I identified them, 'cause someday I may give building a try.

Jim

6. 63dot

63dot Friend of Leo's

These are hard to believe they as being first guitars. Every one of them is wonderful. I wonder how many contestants have extensive work experience with wood.

7. gearhead1972

gearhead1972 Tele-Meister

Thanks fellas, I was a carpenter in my first life, not a lot of woodworking though. Rough framing and trim. Though the router I used in this build was my fathers and he had it in my hands at age 10, almost 30 years ago.

8. mmoncur

mmoncur Tele-Meister

Congratulations to all of the other beginners! I'm proud to be in such talented company.

9. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

I used to build wooden gear clocks. Owned a wood shop for about 13 years. All I know about building guitars, I learned right here. Congratulations to all the beginners that finished. I hope you had as good a time as I did.

It was really hard to pick only 3......and there were only 6 to choose from. I think they were all excelent!

10. Johnny London

Johnny London NEW MEMBER!

I had the pleasure of playing MMoncurs 'Yard Stick Classic' and it plays exceptionally well! :p

Johnny

11. Amadhunter

Amadhunter Tele-Meister

Really nice guitars all. :) As nice as these are, I am looking forward to seeing future builds from you guys. Great starts all of em! :) :)

12. BR06623

BR06623 Tele-Meister

I have very little woodworking experience. I had to buy a router, belt sander, and a few other tools just to begin. :D Yay, more tools! :D I have built some shelves, and the guitar display on my wall behind me in the video. It is gratifying to see so many people commenting positively on the beginner builds. :) I know the other beginners must feel the same way. We put a lot of blood, sweat and thought into the builds. Personally, I studied quite a bit on TDPRI during the Challenge, and I figure the others did too. What a great forum to be a part of!

I wish all the beginners would have been able to finish on time. I hope they all continue their build threads. To the other five finishers: Great Job to you all!

13. mmoncur

mmoncur Tele-Meister

I started this one with basically zero woodworking experience. My previous woodcrafting was limited to things like "cut out a piece of wood this size" and I wasn't very good at that. I bought my first router and belt sander for this project, although I had a drill press and bandsaw from before-- the drill press was used for making circuit boards and the bandsaw was a gift I hardly ever used before this project.

I only did OK because I spent the first month reading hundreds of TDPRI threads and the second month making a guitar...

14. BR06623

BR06623 Tele-Meister

You did much, much better than OK! I am proud of ya!

15. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

You sure did a fantastic job with 'basicly zero wookworking experience'! I didn't have many problems with that (other than my own mistakes), but the finer aspects of guitar building were all learned from reading build threads here. I really think I got lucky with the way the bass turned out as far as good, low action and staying in tune. Can't wait to build the next one.

16. Flemtone

Flemtone Tele-Meister

Those are six amazing instruments! Sure wish I could vote for all of 'em...:D

17. mmoncur

mmoncur Tele-Meister

Thanks nosmo! I love your bass too, I will probably build a bass next.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.