2012-2015 American standard tele neck pickup 2 or three wires?

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
So I like the sound of the twisted tele neck and broadcaster bridge pickup that came standard on American standard teles with the belly cut (2012-2015 or 16). I am looking for some used ones: does the neck pickup come with 2 or three wires (I know the sold separately twisted tele has three). The bridge pickup has a copper plated bottom and cloth wiring I am pretty sure, thanks

_dave_

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Good timing. I just installed some 2014s in my player plus tele.
Neck twisted tele comes with 3 wires already set for a 4-way switch install.
The cover ground is yellow.
They sound sweet.
I had them in a 2012 Am Std that I wish I never sold.

I got luck and found a set on offer up app. They were advertised as Am Std pickups or US Std. Not overtly Twisted / Broadcaster unless you already knew what they were.
Even the seller had no clue when I asked him.
Also lucky he had some pics and I had a good memory and knowledge of what I was looking for.
Your memory is correct about the bridge up as well. The cloth wiring is not exactly the 50s looking thing I’m used to. Almost like plastic/cloth. Kinda looks unique to me. You’d know it if you’ve seen the pickups before. Also bobbin wrapping in like black string. Unique. In a good way.
I really like this set a lot.
Good luck if you haven’t found them yet. Congrats if you have.
(Edit-add photos)
1641459253196.png

1641459434343.png

Attachments

• 1641459343550.png
    1641459343550.png
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Tuxedo Poly

Friend of Leo's
Early versions had the yellow wire soldered to the cover tab nearest to the eyelets.
The Baja Tele had a slightly different version of the Twisted Tele with black, yellow and green wires

Fender_Twisted_Tele_Neck_Ground_Types.jpg

Fender_Twisted_Tele_neck_'Baja'_bttm.jpg

Last edited:

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks folks! weird the guy who has them assures me they came out of a stock 2012 american standard -the bridge looks right but the neck one has only two wires....looks like I will pass as this is not the set - I though perhaps the stock ones had two wires only on the neck pickup

1641494714683.png