2009 Crimson Red Transparent

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by JABSolstice, Jul 31, 2015.

1. JABSolstice

JABSolstice TDPRI Member

I'm having some trouble finding the specs on this guitar and was hoping to get some help. I'm thinking about buying this guitar but want to get all the info I can before I pull the trigger.

1. The belly cut was not included on this model, correct?
    2. What pickups came stock?
    3. What is the going rate for these lately in good+ condition?

Many thanks in advance.

2. JABSolstice

JABSolstice TDPRI Member

Some pics for reference...

Tele1.jpg
    Tele3.jpg
    Tele5.jpg
    Tele7.jpg

3. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

I saw a mint pre 2012 standard yesterday for $800, prob could have taken it home for $700 if I wanted it. the guitar was as it was the day it originally left the shop.. The version you're looking at has the Ash body which was iirc an extra $100.. If this guitar is calling your name I'd think $750-$825 would be the lower and upper limits I'd expect to see it sold for.

4. kyussvegas

kyussvegas Tele-Holic

I've seen some of these NOS for a hair under $1k, so xtrajerry is on point, probably around $800.

5. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

I agree on the price - offer a bit less, but $800 would be a decent price for an ash body American Standard Tele. Now for your questions about the specs:

1. You are correct; no belly cut on a 2009. The belly cut starts roughly March of 2012 - the same time as the switch to the CS Twisted Tele/Broadcaster pickup set.

2. Pickups on these were "American Standard pickups" - I think the magnets were alnico V but they could have been alnico III. I don't know if Fender ever listed the specs of these (output, etc.).

6. JABSolstice

JABSolstice TDPRI Member

Thank you.

Does anyone else know about the pickups? I haven't played the guitar yet, but I'm hoping they give a pretty convincing 'traditional' tele type sound?

7. Minivan Megafun

Minivan Megafun Tele-Holic

I've got a 2009 of this same guitar except with a maple board.

-no belly cut
    -the tuners in the photos you posted are not stock. Those are aftermarket locking tuners.
    -the stock pre-2012 AS pickups weren't amazing. AFAIK they're identical in construction to MIM standard pickups. I can tell you that the stock bridge pickup doesn't even have a baseplate on it. (And mine were for sure original as I bought the guitar brand new).

8. JABSolstice

JABSolstice TDPRI Member

Thank you.

I'm assuming you swapped pickups? What did you end up with if you don't mind me asking?

9. Textele

Textele Tele-Holic

They are Alnico 5 pickups.

The bridge pickup does not come with a base plate, I have had a few with those pups and I find the bridge pickup lacking a bit of that Tele-Muscle, still sounds decent though. Easy fix if your not happy with the bridge pickup. Lot's of great choices out there that do come with the base plate.

The neck pickups on that model sound really good though, and so does the middle position.

$ 750.00 would be a good price on that model, it's one of the most beautiful color combo's for an ash bodied Tele IMO.

Beautiful guitar, hope you get it!

10. Minivan Megafun

I tried a few. I had a Nocaster set in and those are really good. Ended up putting a Seymour Duncan SM-1 mini humbucker in the neck (bought a new pickguard for the proper hole) and swapped the bridge pickup to a SD Broadcaster. That's the combo still in there now. I like it! This guitar has one of my favourite necks.

11. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Home made hot rod.. The SD Broadcaster is the same as the modified Broadcaster Fender used in the 52 Hot Rods.. Did you swap the pots too? Fender split the difference with 375k pots.

12. Minivan Megafun

That was the idea! I didn't bother with changing the pots. The mini HB sounds great as is - plus there's the no load tone pot in there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438440830.334268.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438440846.393284.jpg

13. 13ontheB

13ontheB Tele-Afflicted

Looks like aftermarket locking tuners were added.
    I have a 2010 Crimson Red Transparent, As far as I can tell it's just Standard USA Tele spec. and yes no belly cut.

14. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

That finish is stunning in person. Good luck, OP!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.