2006 Deluxe neck pocket hole pattern?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 9985, Oct 26, 2021.

1. 9985

9985 TDPRI Member

First post! lurked forever, finally registered. Play mostly Strats & Gibsons, close to pulling trigger on my first Tele - think its a partscaster, neck is from 2005-2006 American Deluxe with 60th anniversary stamp & 2005 headstock serial number, date stamp on heel from Feb 2006. A previous owner modded it to Nashville config with middle pickup & a push-pull pot, and I think it might not be the original 2006 body - possibly a newer year Deluxe. Neck pocket & backplate images attached, I think somebody had another neck on that body- the hole pattern has two extra full-size holes, not small CNC machine guide holes. Any thoughts on what's going on with that body? Are those two extra holes a serious concern for cracking? Stamped "J-6413" and hand-written "OK" in the neck pocket. Price is reasonable, several hundred below matching Deluxes from 2005-2006. seems like a good entry point. Alternative is a 94-95 MIM Squier for about half the price, but I'd want to gut the electronics, tuners, this is much nicer looking. Telecaster neck pocket.jpg Telecaster neckplate.jpg

2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

The body looks fine to me; Fender started using that contoured neck heel on American Deluxe Teles in 2004, and they would have been pre-routed for that middle pickup - all American Deluxe Teles had that neck humbucker/middle single coil/bridge single coil routing from day 1; they were actually Nashville configuration from their introduction in the spring of 1998 until early 1999 - roughly the first year of production.

The 2 extra holes might be the holes used to screw the holder rod on to the body in the paint shop - if they are those they shouldn't go all the way through the body.

3. 9985

9985 TDPRI Member

Thanks- I only have that one picture to go by, cannot tell if the extra two holes went all the way through. Think I will take the plunge anyway, It's much nicer looking that the plain black MIM alternative choice I'm considering, price difference after upgrading tuners & pickups on the MIM is small, so here I go! Will report back.

4. Cyberi4n

Cyberi4n Tele-Holic

If you like the look of it, and are happy with the price, then pull the trigger before someone else does. That’s my advice :)

5. 9985

9985 TDPRI Member

Snagged it! Shipping tomorrow, should have in next 7-10 days.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.